Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K Fan Shroud Quest

pops ยท 2007-08-12 20:02

Gents, the learning curve for a first time owner is starting to steepen , can anyone suggest a place where I could get a used Fan Shroud for my Case 580K. I'm calling my local Case dealer in Tampa Fl. tomorrow to see what a new one costs, and I'm sure it's not cheap, even if they are still available. On the internet I've found two salvage yards that carry new and used stuff but a search of their inventory for the fan shroud comes up blank. Tim

Replies6
  1. #1digger242j2007-08-12 20:52

    Pops, I can't help you with the fan shroud question, but I can tell you this--That strange, sort of sick feeling you're having right about now...It's called "the joy of equipment ownership". ointhead Best of luck to you.

  2. #2pops2007-08-13 19:17

    Digger, I guess I can take some comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one to experience this feeling. pops

  3. #3AJ.2007-08-14 08:02

    Shroud You need part # A173459 shroud, I look after a lot of Case 580's in my catchment area and have never needed a shroud,its an unusual thing to want, I think they are made of fiberglass or the like, what happened your old one,the two models of the 580K and the SK share the same shroud,the L and M's are different.go to the link below to the dismantling section of Machinery Trader and you may find one, should not cost a fortune. AJ http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...dl=580K&guid=D7D6C5607D104E5F83CE596FBA30920D

  4. #4pops2007-08-15 07:00

    AJ, thanks for the site, I'll bookmark it. I've already gotten a shroud from Case. I'd never looked under the hood of a backhoe before so I just look for obvious stuff like leaks or broken things just hanging in the breeze. It wasn't till I was looking through the Case on-line parts manual that I realized mine was missing. I don't have a clue as to why it was removed. pops

  5. #5SouthOnBeach2007-08-20 22:24

    backhoepartsandstuff.com is a place that i have used to get new aftermarket and used case parts. always has seem to treat me right and always got what he said i was goin to get.

  6. #6pops2007-08-22 06:37

    SouthOnBeach, thanks, I'm going give them a try. pops