Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K Harness Connectors

ImBrickTamland · 2024-02-07 12:04

I had a less than enthusiastic Case parts guy tell me that harness connectors are not sold separately and I'd have to buy a new harness assy. The terminals on the main harness connector to the gauge cluster are badly corroded and the plastic connector is coming apart. Does anyone know of a fix for this, I really don't want to tear the whole machine apart to replace the harness if possible.

Replies6
  1. #1Kyle Helmke2024-02-07 20:31

    that's not true at all. the connector part numbers are in the schematics under the connector identification from there they need to put the connector part number into eparts and it brings up the terminal numbers. post your serial number and the connector number your looking for

  2. #2Tinkerer2024-02-08 10:38

    If the individual connectors are not in the parts book, CNH does not have them in their inventory. I looked and didn't see any. Harness plugs can usually be cleaned. There are different ways to do it. In a worst case situation you could cut the plugs off, one wire at a time and install either spade style or barrel connectors. Or, splice and solder the wires.

  3. #3ImBrickTamland2024-02-08 10:54

    Thank you for the replies! The machine is a 580K and the s/n is JJG0020370 but the plate is banged up pretty good. It came with some property we bought a few hours away so getting it back in working condition has been a chore. I have looked in the parts book and service manual and cannot seem to find any numbers for individual connectors. The problem I'm having is the 18-terminal main connector that plugs into the back of the gauge cluster. The terminals are badly corroded and the connector retention tabs are broken off, if it didn't have this funky friction fit to the circuit board I'd be able to rig something up. Everything on the cluster gauge appears to work when I power it up with test leads and a battery so I'd like to get it repaired, just don't want to replace the entire harness.

  4. #4Tinkerer2024-02-08 21:22

    Unfortunately you may have no chance of repairing that particular harness. You have a different situation from the male/ female connectors that I envisioned. CNH does not have any harnesses available for your machine. Savage yards may have what you need. Your machine is a 580K series III.

  5. #5edgephoto2024-02-08 23:49

    Does it use something like old GM vehicles? Ron Francis Wiring PC-18: GM Printed Circuit Connector 18-Way - JEGS The Ron Francis Wiring 18-Way GM Printed Circuit Connector works with 1973 to 1987 Chevy Trucks. www.jegs.com

  6. #6HarleyHappy2024-02-09 11:26

    That does look like it, as you know they didn’t make their own connector. Come to think of it, it does click in exactly as the old sqare body Gems. No wat to sandblast connection and screw hold downs in back of cluster. I have a speed gun just for blasting electrical stuff and I did my 580 se and like yours the tabs were broken but someone had screwed cable clamps on top and bottom of cluster and uses a zip tie to hold it in.