Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K Hydraulic Help

McPete ยท 2024-11-25 01:10

Howdy, I purchased a "tired" Case 580K Loader Backhoe and I'm slowly servicing and making repairs. She sets at our property in northern Minnesota and I try to address things when I can get up there. When the machine is running and I pull levers moving the bucket or hoe, I'm getting a chattering from what I believe is air returning to the pump. The hydraulic fluid level is good and I changed the filter about 8 weeks ago. The hoe bucket will settle in about an hour when off, I have a stabilizer that settles as well and oh yes, the loader bucket too. It looks as though I'm going to get good at replacing seals in the cylinders. However, is there a good way to identify an air leak somewhere on a return hose? Also, I'm putting new front tires on, and I've noticed that the kingpins have some movement, is this a tough repair? One of the seals on the backside of the planetary's are leaking and I'm curious if that's a tough repair as well. So, yes, I've got a little work ahead of me but that's ok, thanks in advance. McPete

Replies0

No replies yet.