Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Johndeere 310SG Wont start after breaking the crankshaft sensor wire

junktojems · 2024-11-25 16:38

A stick broke the crankshaft sensor wire and it shut off instantly. I spliced the wire back together and it still won't start. Any ideas where to start or things to check? Won't even try to start with starting fluid.

Replies11
  1. #1Coaldust2024-11-25 17:17

    The sensor probably got pulled out of place or one of the other wires are broken inside the harness that you are unable to see. Welcome to the HEF. What sort of shenanigans were you involved with, whilst damaging your backhoe? Burying a body on pop’s farm? You can tell us. Nobody hangs out on forums anymore. Just us old guys. We won’t tell.

  2. #2junktojems2024-11-25 18:25

    We are you tube creators and I was clearing a 30 ft wide path through the woods so our new neighbors can get power. Our you tube channel is JUNKTOJEMS HOMESTEAD. I unplugged the sensor and plugged it back in. I will replace the wire further up the line next.

  3. #3Coaldust2024-11-25 20:13

    Ahh. Interesting. Have you considered purchasing an old, giant excavator? You know,…. for the clicks? I’ll head over and give you a click. Homeowners buying old giant excavators? Wonder what the world will be like when everyone is a construction equipment operator, HVAC repairman, computer repairman, hardwood floor installer, brain surgeon, dentist, landscaper, politician-oops forgot everyone already is that, chef, well driller, college professor, lawyer, pilot... HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4sawdustmaker2024-11-28 00:36

    Do you have any codes?

  5. #5junktojems2024-11-29 07:41

    To be honest I haven't checked yet. I woke the next morning with the cold/flu crap and havent been back to check on it. I am hoping to get back there today. It is a bit of a walk off road to get back to it. I will post my finding as soon as I get down there.

  6. #6junktojems2024-11-29 07:44

    Our next one will be a bulldozer. I have been in the construction biz for a long time. This you tube thing is kinda new to us. And thank you.

  7. #7junktojems2024-12-02 06:21

    Good morning, The code it is giving me is F C 4

  8. #8Diesel Dave2024-12-02 06:34

    Codes are four digits , you’re missing one.

  9. #9junktojems2024-12-02 06:51

    Thats all I can see of it

  10. #10Diesel Dave2024-12-02 10:14

    I’m betting the code is F9C4 , “monitor not receiving messages from engine controller “. That fault code I don’t think would be related to an engine no start. No other active codes ? Post a pic of the displayed code(s) if you can.

  11. #11Diesel Dave2024-12-03 06:54

    Check if the one of the (2) ECU fuses are blown , switched and unswitched.