Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K phase 3 removing master cylinder, how hard?

caver ยท 2012-11-10 17:05

My brake master cylinder(s) started leaking right after I bought this hoe. At least one is leaking so would like to rebuild both. How hard are these to remove from the tractor? I would remove and rebuild them at my house 120 miles away where I have more tools and extra time.

Replies1
  1. #1caver2013-01-21 20:17

    I feel a bit silly. I was over at my place Sunday and sitting in the seat looking at the placard describing lifting limits etc. I thought, man that looks like it might come out. I didn't realize it was a mini glove box that easily removed. After i took it out I could see the bolts that hold the brake cylinders in. So where is a good source online for Case parts? I found prices all over the place for a master cylinder. Is there a rebuild kit or do most just replace them?