Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580L fuel injection pump leak

Badmanfarm ยท 2018-11-21 10:47

I have a 98 case 580L and the fuel injection pump is leaking where the throttle connects to the pump. Is there a gasket inside I can replace or does it need a new pump?

Replies9
  1. #1Glen Weldon2018-11-21 13:50

    This may or may not be the problem, but it appears there is a cap on the top of the pump where the shaft/shafts come through. On my Ford 3910 I had a problem with fuel leakage from the shaft. I carefully took off the cover and tried as best as I could to pay attention to what came out and how it was installed. Not a whole lot in my case. Anyway, I was able to the the shafts out and each were sealed with two O-rings. I replaced them and no more leaks. I hope it's something as simple as this in your case. The picture looks like that is the issue...

  2. #2thepumpguysc2018-11-21 18:57

    Yup.. 2 orings on each throttle & shut off.. mini top cover kits on ebay for < 20.00.. Lots of info/ instructions on the web.

  3. #3Badmanfarm2018-11-22 02:50

    Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

  4. #4Shimmy12018-11-22 03:01

    You're not that far away from PA. Little weekend road trip and you could fix it for him in 20 min.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2018-11-22 07:13

    My bro. lives in PA..on the NY boarder.. NW side.. I WAS gonna go see him but he said he had 11" of snow.. I aint feelin that.. Otherwise, I'd be right there..

  6. #6alrman2018-11-23 21:42

    Welcome to HEF @Badmanfarm ! Here's a thread that may assist your research - HeavyEquipmentForums It's about a 580E, however you're pump is very similar, if not the same.

  7. #7willie592018-11-23 22:06

    My sentiments exactly.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2018-11-24 06:34

    The orings, top cover gasket & 2 fiber washers are all the same for a CAV, DPA pump.. weather its a Ford, Case, **, JD..whatever.. they're all the same..so don't get confused.. If u want to buy the whole kit?? its P#>> 7135-110. .. no need if your JUST doing the top cover. Just look on ebay for the gaskets.. they sell a mini kit for the TC.

  9. #9Badmanfarm2018-11-26 17:34

    Thanks for the info. I ordered a kit.