Self test is right on Instrument Cluster. All works good except for Audio alarm on, and N showing on small screen when I go forward or reverse. Goes off when out of gear. Went through Service repair manual and seems that I must disconnect and plug back together. Where, which are the right connectors located ? Did anyone else have this problem. What has to be done ? I have a 2013 580n backhoe with about 1700 hours.
Does your park brake go off when you push the switch?
Check your seat switch it's probably broken it is telling the controller that the seat is in the backhoe position. quite common for the tab on these switches to bend out of shape, usually caused by hanging a coat on the back of the seat. It catches the switch and bends it so it no longer makes contact with the ramp on the seat. Could also just be a faulty switch.
Yes It does. I drive it around, forward or reverse, but the alarm and N are still on till I take it out of drive.
The seat switch is ok. Just the N showing on the screen and the alarm. This all started when the Return to Dig stopped working. I cleaned the dig switch, but still not working.
Yes, it was the seat switch. I pushed the top plate down more and alarm gone, N gone and the return to dig works again. I remember pulling my coat off the back of the seat, with a strong yank. I did not push the seat plate down far enough the first time. Many Thanks....Philip Johnson
gggraham really called that one great to have such knowledgeable people here willing to help us great forum!