Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 410b water pump

B Jones ยท 2023-04-11 10:55

Hello All, I have a 85 JD 410b that needs a new waterpump. I can't find one anywhere online or from my Deere dealer. Has anyone had any luck shipping it out to be rebuilt? If so, who did you use? Thanks for any help. Bud.

Replies10
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-04-11 12:01

    I don't know if this is any help for you . COST TO REBUILD YOUR John Deere 410B 710B 710C Backhoe Water Pump RE55631 RE526840 AR96221 | Finney Equipment and Parts finneyparts.us

  2. #2B Jones2023-04-11 12:40

    Thanks Tinkerer.. I did find that. Wondering if anyone used them at all.

  3. #3showrguy2023-04-11 15:35

    I replaced mine a few years ago. Did not wanna pay Deere prices, so I searched the original part #, cross referenced it, then ordered from local auto parts place for 1/3rd the price.. Did ya try that ??

  4. #4joe--h2023-04-11 18:04

    Water pumps aren't rocket science, bearing and seal if you don't break the impeller. Most appliance repair stores have the seal, bearing you'll have to find after you get it apart. Joe H Quick search shows lot of results for the bearing, looks like $50 for parts will cover it.

  5. #5joe--h2023-04-11 18:21

    And even Amazon shows a bunch of pumps & bearings & seals. Same as a garbage disposer, washing machine, ect.

  6. #6heymccall2023-04-11 20:28

    Googling RE55631 yields all kinds of options.

  7. #7Tyler d4c2023-04-11 20:37

    I've rebuilt more of those pumps then probably any other 25 year old Go to your local dealer get the kit it will come with the paper work to tell you the details (normally do any how) you may need a few other gaskets and such. The deere parts are worth the money here imo probably be around 100 bucks

  8. #856wrench2023-04-12 10:41

    The deere kits used to also come with the green plastic seal installer

  9. #9Tyler d4c2023-04-12 11:09

    Green was the old seal there blue now for the new style seal. Some kits still use the old style for some reason tho most are the new type

  10. #10B Jones2023-04-17 11:12

    Thanks for all the input guys...