Hi For diagnosis and repair, I removed the magnetic switch and buzzer that are mounted together on the steering column bracket, under the dash on Case 580se. I noticed that the buzzer (parking brake ??) has just one wire and is held in a rubber coated bracket, leaving no path to ground. Does anyone know if there was originally a ground wire attached to one of the rivets on the back which maybe broke off. There seems to be no evidence of a broken connection or missing wire but somehow there has to be a path to ground in order for the buzzer to work. When the outer case of the buzzer is grounded, it works fine. Just wondering what is missing, it sure won’t work as is. Thanks.
Are you sure that is the factory bracket?
I noticed that on the bracket, it has the overspray of the original machine paint so I assume it’s the original bracket.
It is actually the parking brake alarm. That is the OEM clamp. It came with one wire. A ground wire can be attached with a very short sheet metal screw. Or just pinch it to the body with the clamp
Done. Thanks. I guess the original wire attached to the center screw had been removed.
I realize after testing that I misunderstood the parking brake circuit. According to the parts diagram, the parking brake buzzer grounding wire should be existing but is disconnected. I need to find it and connect it to the back of the buzzer. The wire I made which I connected directly between the buzzer case and a grounding bolt, results in the buzzer being active all the time, no way to live ! Power is provided by wire A. The ground circuit goes from the buzzer case thru a pressure switch , then thru another switch on the parking brake bracket and finally to ground. For the buzzer to sound the following must be true: -machine must be running (pressure switch closed) -parking brake must be on
WW is your buzzer. Parts books aren't always complete. Sometimes the service manual isn't either. The 580SE service manual has no engine overhaul section. It is in a separate service manual.
Ok good to know. Are wiring diagrams always complete and accurate and how about wire color specs ? I’m trying to reattach the many disconnected wires under this 580e. Can you comment on these two wires that I believe go to the shuttle clutch cut-out solenoid “ccos”. The diagram in the book looks like these wires should go inside the ccos but the wires have terminal ends on them as if they go on a threaded post. In the picture below are two encrusted posts sticking up in the red box, are these the electrical terminal posts for my ccos? Diagram from books
It is reasonable to assume that those wires simply have fallen of the switch. Or someone pulled them off to stop the switch from closing the circuit. If you can afford to purchase a service manual, I think you could make good use of it. Otherwise I would be glad to look up and post what you need. All the color codes for the wiring in the entire machine are in it and are quite accurate.