Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SK Clut Cutout not working

Rudigger ยท 2024-10-15 19:22

Hi guys, I'm in the process of repairing/refurbing my Grandfathers ol'Backhoe. She's starting to come together, but there's still a handful of issues I've yet to figure out. What I'm working on now, is the clutch cutout. Pushing the CC button on either the FEL stick or the shifter, does nothing, and I can't hear any relay clicks or anything. I've tried to trace the wiring, but it's pretty hard to track in places. From what I can see, it's all intact and in good condition. My next stop is the relay, but I can't seem to figure out where that is. None of the wire colours match up to my wiring diagrams, so I'm a little lost. Any help or pointers would be much appreciated. Some possible culprits.

Replies4
  1. #1Billrog2024-10-15 21:40

    Pull the button out of the loader control & clean up the contacts and maybe spray a little wd40 into it. Had to take mine out once to get it working just don't remember the details.

  2. #2Rudigger2024-10-16 01:22

    Thanks for the tip. After spending a few hours tracing wires and testing with the multimeter, if this ends up being the fix, I'm going to have mixed emotions.

  3. #3Vetech632024-10-16 07:46

    The design is pretty simple. Check to see if you have any supply power at either switch. Both switches are tied together to work one function.

  4. #4Rudigger2024-10-23 21:18

    Thanks for tips guys, I had a spare 15min yesterday, so I took a look and found someone had been into the cutout on the shifter before me (pic below). What a scrappy job. I've cleaned the wiring there, and checked both switches and they have continuity when the button is pressed, and then lose continuity when released, so all working there. Now I'm trying to trace the wiring to its next point (presumably the transmission somewhere?).