Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 580SK door gas strut

AU.CASE ยท 2010-10-04 23:34

Hi all, One of the door struts on my 580SK failed a few weeks ago. I have located the maker's retail outlet in Australia, but they need to know the force in NM's for the strut. Does anyone know the force as I can't find it anywhere on the device itself. Cheers.

Replies6
  1. #1TheCASEguy2010-10-05 11:00

    Not sure about the NM's. Why not just call up your local Case/CNH dealership? Here are two websites that can help. www.casece.com www.casepower.com

  2. #2Ando2010-10-05 22:47

    I purchase struts from a company called UES in Brisbane (google them). I usually give them dimensions and the weight of the door/hatch and they make the recommendation.

  3. #3RHINOS TRANNYS2010-10-06 21:01

    Take the strout from the other side and swap it.

  4. #4fpgm042010-10-07 20:23

    Approximately 300 N @ 20 degree C. I hope this helps.

  5. #5AU.CASE2010-11-17 05:47

    Cheers, yes, I found an Australian supplier Strut Re-Gas, $54 delivered from a local town // Orange.

  6. #6Phil2010-11-17 06:51

    A & I products also sells these, I just got a couple. Phil https://www.allpartsstore.com/ItemD...Desc=1&TextSearch=580K DOOR&ItemNumber=F44881