Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580sl extendahoe hose routing

Doug580l ยท 2021-07-01 09:26

I am getting ready to replace the extendahoe hoses. I was watching a video on youtube and the guy said that the hoses go over the dipper pin. Mine are below the pin. Which is the correct routing? Thank you

Replies5
  1. #1Doug580l2021-07-01 16:39

    I got the extendahoe removed and can see that there is no room for the lines to go above the pin. I hope putting it back on is easier than removing it but I doubt it will be.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2021-07-02 14:02

    I hope you thought to tie a wire or rope to your hoses when you removed the cylinder so you can fish the hoses back through correctly when you reinstall everything.

  3. #3Doug580l2021-07-03 09:08

    Unfortunately I didn't, but it looks like I can run some wires down before I try to reinstall it. I assumed that the routing was wrong after watching a video plus one of the hoses was the wrong length. One of the previous owners had a habit of using the wrong length hoses as replacements and would bend the metal lines or do whatever was needed to make it "fit". I spend a little more and order new hoses from case and try to get things closer to original.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2021-07-03 15:30

    Good idea on getting hoses from Case. Be sure and make sure that wire doesn't go under the ribs in dipper stick.

  5. #5Doug580l2021-07-05 09:37

    Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.