Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 555D 1996 Nasty Noise

Setteduke ยท 2021-07-02 16:34

I have finally fixed all my hydraulic leaks! I went to move some #2 stone and filled the bucket, she couldn't lift the load. Machine didn't stall, just couldn't lift. I was able to back out and rotate the bucket to dump. When I went to move the machine it was making a high pitch whirring noise I have not heard before. I drove it 50 feet and parked it. Any idea on what might have happened? Also, my loader control is hard to move to raise and lower the bucket. Not sure if that tells anything. Thanks for any input. Hydraulic tank is full.

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2021-07-02 16:56

    No idea what happened. But I'd check the pump drive, and if you don't find anything obvious, then start it up again and see if you can figure out where the noise is coming from. If you've never greased the splined driveshaft on the pump, take the two big bolts out (3/4") and slide the pump forward and see if it's stripped out.

  2. #2Swetz2021-07-03 07:13

    perhaps some linkage came loose under your joystick? Maybe the spools in the loader bank are rusty from sitting?? Does the backhoe still work properly?

  3. #3Dave Neubert2021-07-03 07:31

    Does the lever move easy when the machine is off