Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SL Question

Pablo ยท 2014-07-07 22:36

Hello, New to the forum and to heavy equipment. I bought a 580SL about a year ago and am learning to use it around the construction site. My question: I was trying to find a electrical short in the rear windshield wiper and came across an in- out type switch in the left hand corner of the top rear window in the cab. What does this switch turn on and off, I assume something is on when the switch is out, with the top window open. Thanks for your answer in advance. Pablo

Replies2
  1. #1fpgm042014-07-07 23:10

    From your description, it sounds like you found the switch that prevents the rear wiper from working if the window is open. If so, your assumption is backwards, as it will allow the rear wiper to turn on if depressed and the operator turns on the rear wiper via the control panel switch. Can you post a picture?

  2. #2Pablo2014-07-08 19:29

    fpgm04, Thanks for the reply. Your answer makes sense to me. I guess if you could turn that rear wiper on with the window open it would come into the cab and smack you in the face. Pablo