Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SL Wiring Diagram

farmn ยท 2024-10-25 16:50

So, I bought a 580SL series 2. It seems to run ok but the Gauges aren't working. I have the service manual but there's no wiring diagram. I called my local dealer looking, they said they didn't have one. Searched the entire internet with no luck. Does anybody have a wiring diagram or know where to get one?

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-10-25 22:57

    I have the 580L service manual and it has all of them in it, including the SL's. Are you sure they aren't in yours ? In a printed service manual they are fold outs. Here is a screen shot of your SL schematic from my service manual.

  2. #2farmn2024-10-26 07:32

    The table of contents in my manual is a little different. It does list the diagrams but says they are in the back pocket. The manuals must not be in the original binders cuz there's no back pocket.

  3. #3Tinkerer2024-10-26 09:17

    My manual is for the 580L, it is an immensely different machine in many ways from the 580 SL Series 2 like you have.

  4. #4farmn2024-10-26 09:43

    Appreciate the warning bud. Once I realized the digital manual had the diagrams I stopped looking for wiring diagrams and starting searching the manual itself. I was able to download what seems to be the full manual complete with bookmarks and links for $29. Neither manual may be perfect but I still have my printed copy so I am way, way ahead of where I was. I'm going to get all the gauges and lights working properly to keep myself out of trouble then take a look at that relief valve. The machine has been around the block and is gonna take some attention to get back in shape. I guess that's me too! I'm a pretty solid tinkerer myself but there are times when it's nice to have someone to ask. Thanks for the help. Is it okay if I reach out in the future when I get stuck?

  5. #5Tinkerer2024-10-26 11:22

    Keep us posted on your progress, it will help others with similar problems. Reach to all of us for help. That is why we r here.

  6. #6farmn2024-10-26 16:42

    I have the wiring diagrams and I'm off to figure out lights and gauges. This backhoe is going to be a long term project. Looks like the relief valve may be next then maybe I'll try to tighten up some of the slop in the loader. I had to repack a loader lift cylinder last week and was pleased to find acceptable wear in the pins and bushings. Most of the wear seems to be in the tilt cylinder brackets. Is it normal for those to wear? Any suggestions would be welcome.

  7. #7Tinkerer2024-10-28 21:42

    The tilt cylinder brackets have sleeves in them and yes they do wear out. Gotta replace them before the pin starts eating away at the brackets.

  8. #8farmn2024-10-29 07:30

    She's pretty sloppy, hope I'm not too late... Will update if when I find the time.