Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Maria lavaue the 580ck pinion and ring gears

onemank6 · 2024-10-26 21:48

It’s been a long time since I’ve been on here and even longer since I posted a a bunch about Maria the 580ck which I still own…. After divorce and tons of other things I’m finally on new property and so is Maria but …. I’ve busted teeth off the pinion gear so now it’s time to get a ring and pinion set and change them but for the life of me I can’t remember if I need to split the old girl to do it or not Anybody have any experience with doing that?

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-10-28 09:08

    I see you haven't gotten any responses yet. Most likely because your questions have been answered many times before. Please do a search in the forum and you will find everything you want to know. Do you have a service manual for your 580CK ?

  2. #2onemank62024-10-28 21:07

    Yes I’ve got all the Manuel’s for mine I’m just doing the research before I get started was hoping someone would chime in that’s been there with there’s I will do some searching on here to see what I can find I actually had a big write up about a bunch I had done to this tractor on here from about 10 years ago under a different user name but I can’t find any of that either Thanks for the help

  3. #3onemank62024-10-29 22:37

    So just had a guy tell me that according to my casting numbers on the side of my rearend it’s a rearend used in the 580 b’s he says it’s because it has the extendahoe on it and then he tells me the ring and pinion are made more heavy duty than a regular set has anybody ever heard of that Here’s a pic of the casting numbers

  4. #4Tinkerer2024-10-30 08:12

    That that transmission was used in both, the 580CK and the 580B's. I never heard of the B being heavier. If you did a forum search like I suggested you will find all you need to know about your ring and pinion replacement. Like this ---> HeavyEquipmentForums