Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580super N codes?

JS580SL ยท 2013-08-05 16:02

I run a 2011 super N 3028hrs, all fluids are fine but over due for a full service. Dash warning light keeps coming on trans warning, throwing codes 1004 4042 3095 and 3089? Does any one know what these stand for? I done have a service manual?

Replies2
  1. #1fpgm042013-08-05 23:53

    1004 = Hydraulic filter blockage detected. 4042 = transmission temperature sensor erratic or incorrect 3095 = Engine running with camshaft sensor only 3089 = Crankshaft sensor error I would recommend you get a service manual for more details. However, it is also important to note the occurrence count and last hour of occurrence on each code you have wrote down. The order the codes are listed is also important. The newest codes will be on the first page, next oldest on page 2, etc.

  2. #2JS580SL2013-08-06 16:00

    Thanks for the reply. Yes each code reading lists the hours it occured and number of times. Ive never seen the torque convertor gauge ever go any further than 1/4 way. The trans was a little low but I added some. I changed the hyd filter prob 2 months ago.I guess my boss is goin to have someone go through it added the seal were the threads on the barrel of the dipper piston failed. It has been leaking pretty bad, took 4 days to get the seals, and its the only hoe we have.