Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 60xt white smoke

1990cat953 ยท 2026-02-04 21:48

Hello I got a case 60 it it is white smoking and is not clearing up smells like raw fuel. Weird thing is last time I used it ran fine set for a bit and then started doing it. It's done it before but temporarily. When it white smokes it'll run and idle fine but when I put lap bar down it'll run for 20 seconds and then shut off . Like it's shutting off on a safety switch . Fitlers are reasonably new. Could it be a injector starting to hang open ? I wonder what sensor it is shutting off on ? When it shuts off it kills power to key switch for 15 seconds then comes back on. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #11990cat9532026-02-05 20:10

    Wel figured it out just to help the next guy if they have similar issues my grid heater was sticking on. Which also shoots fuel in so it was shooting straight fuel into the intake causing it to excessive white smoke. I don't know why it was cutting power and shutting machine off but once I got the heater unstuck everything is back to normal .

  2. #2Simon C2026-02-06 00:52

    Grid heaters often use 60-100 amps and if the engine is not revved up, the alternator will not be able to keep up and the fuel solenoid can drop out and engine dies instant. They are not all wired exactly the same, but this is a good possiblity. Simon C