Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Have a 744e john deere wheelloader replaced head gasket and now the engine fault light flashing then goes out.what exactly is the meaning or cause TIA

J33pjunky · 2024-09-25 14:09

Have a 744e john deere wheelloader replaced the head gasket and now the engine fault light flashing then goseout. What's exactly is the meaning or cause TIA

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-09-25 21:06

    Any engine performance issues when the fault light is flashing ? To read the engine fault codes you need the Deere diagnostic tool # JT05829 . Not sure what happened while replacing the head gasket. Maybe check the wiring harness / terminals at the fuel temperature sensor (at the injection pump) and at the secondary engine speed sensor (I think on the engine front cover).

  2. #2J33pjunky2024-09-25 21:48

    OK thanks I called deeere and they didn't have a clue. I'll check in the morning so the jto5829 diagnostic tool is a electronic governor tester if I looked it up right thanks for getting back

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-09-25 21:55

    That’s the tool # that is required . The tool will be long forgotten and collecting dust at most dealers.

  4. #4J33pjunky2024-09-25 22:01

    I'll try a different dealer to see if they have one or older one that know the deal. That or maybe a bad wire connection