Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 621C Brake repair questions

PNora ยท 2025-05-08 09:53

Hi New member here. Looking for some advice on a recently purchased Case 621C. I have the parts and operators manuals. I also am waiting for a service manual. I found my front axle leaking from the vent so I assume the disc brakes are leaking into the planetary's. Can some one give me a run down on what needs to be done. Looks like 24 bolts and the planetary cover comes off. What can I expect from there? Tried to find pictures of everything along with parts to help me put it in prospective. Google is not my friend. Also where to buy seals that are more reasonable. Thanks in advance.

Replies11
  1. #1PNora2025-05-12 12:00

    I guess no one is familiar with my machine

  2. #2reganj2025-05-12 20:32

    post a serial number so the smart fellers can give you an informed reply would be my suggestion

  3. #3PNora2025-05-12 20:48

    JEE0122517

  4. #4Tenwheeler2025-05-12 22:51

    Sorry: Can't remember stuff and no books. However I had bought some parts from Con Equipment in NY. New and used.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2025-05-14 14:37

    You'll need to remove the complete planetary and replace the brake disc and metal plates and piston seals. YOU WILL NEED the service manual. I've done a bunch of these.

  6. #6PNora2025-05-14 18:05

    Thanks for the reply Coy. I just got the service manual on CD. It looks like there are two main seals on the piston. There are also guides and backer rings. The local dealer quoted me 1,700.00 for just the seals. My big question is can the piston be removed, resealed and installed without the special tools that Case shows? And can I get buy with just the piston seals? Thanks again.

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2025-05-14 18:20

    You can do the seal without the special tools except for a bearing splitter and heat gun. If you have a vacuum pump it will help you install the pistons with new seals.

  8. #8PNora2025-05-14 18:37

    Coy what bearing needs to be split? I do not see needing that done.

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2025-05-14 19:11

    The planetary bearings will have to be pulled to complete disassembly

  10. #10PNora2025-05-14 22:33

    Coy thanks for the help. I am a little confused. The way I read it when I remove the 32 bolts on the large planetary cover plate the planetary gears and bearings will stay on that cover plate. I should not have to deal with them. Or am I missing something?

  11. #11Nige2025-05-14 22:35

    If I can throw 2c in here, on that type of inboard brake I think I would be throwing new firction discs (at least) and maybe separator plates (depending on condition) at it after going to all that effort to disassemble it.