Good afternoon, I'm more curious then anything about this and I was wondering if anyone had some insight. I recently did a service on a case 621g loader for a customer. I don't typically see allot of heavy equipment as I mainly work on Medium duty trucks. I noticed the exhaust stack inside the engine compartment was very sooty. No warnings on the dash etc. I was doing some research and I found that this machine uses a DOC and a SCR but no dpf on tier 4 machines. Is this soot normal then? with nothing to take care a particulates how does the SCR not get compromised? When I look up the exhaust system on cnh there are 2 listings: -47533531 muffler DOC cluster -47606526 muffler SCR cluster Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not looking to sell this customer anything he does not need, however if there is indeed a problem I want to advise him so that we can keep the SCR from getting damaged. Thanks.
No replies yet.