Dozer starts runs and moves but is stuck in low both forward and reverse the buttons on the joystick don’t do anything up or down previous owner bought a new joystick and didn’t fix the problem “I got the old one with the machine also” it’s shows no can on the hour meter also the percentage gage for the tracks in the middle of the cluster is not working I checked power to joystick and have power there I also checked for ohms between pin 3 and 4 on joystick controller and shows 0 does this mean I need a computer or did I miss something? Any help is greatly appreciated it’s also worth mentioning previous owner put a new dash cluster in too
First thing I should say is that an OHM Meter test is good and no good as it will tell you if you have a path from one wire end to another end. What it doesn't tell you is how strong it is. On a fine wire with 25 strands, if 24 are broken the ohm meter test is perfect. Nothing will run properly. If you find the 2 ends of a wire, hook up a 60watt bulb up to battery positive and take the negative end of the light and hook it into the wire you want to test on one end. Then take the other end of the wire being tested and hook it up to the battery ground connection. If the bulb lights up good then the wire can carry current, if the wire pops then you know it was defective, somewhere it has rubbed or corroded internally. You will also have to prove if you have clean power and ground to the controller. If you are unsure how to do that I could explain. You will need a quality multimeter to do the testing. Simon C
I understand that I’m just new to these “newer” machines I’ve always ran old equipment with linkages instead of wires im just lost on what to do I’ve checked everything I knew to check the connector that runs from the joystick plug runs back to a computer looking box? It’s got a plug with a bunch of pins on it and I wasn’t sure which one was the one I was looking for
You need to have a schematic to read the pin outs. From there a guy can use backprobe pins on a multimeter to test if he does in fact have clean power in and out of a unit. Sometimes you will find a bad end on 1 pin in a plug. Do not throw money at the unit until you have fully tested to make sure you have clean power in and out. Some auto techs are very good on schematics also and should know how to do all these tests or a good heavy duty mechanic in your area that is schematic sharp. Work on getting a schematic before going any further is my recommendation. Simon C
I’ll try to get one I appreciate the help