Good afternoon. I have a Case 850D that is all around awesome, however it has started making a weird grunting noise periodically. I cant figure out where its coming from. Any thoughts?
neither sprockets, idlers, or rollers are heating up with use to indicate a bearing going out. It only makes this noise while in motion. (thought that might be helpful to know)
Front idlers seldom get hot, large diameter and slow moving. Might get hot if you walked it 10 miles.
Grunting noise? I don't think.I've ever heard that term describing a heavy equipment symptom
Almost like the sound of something momentarily binding but, its note a shreek or a whine. Not high pitched at all.
Almost like a quick
Make certain the track idler berings have not failed, causing the wheel to make contact with the frame or yoke. Also check if there are any rocks caught in the frame & making contact with sprockets/idlers/rollers. You have checked final drive oils??? Is there any movement in the axle shafts? (check with a crow bar at the sprockets)
How tight are the tracks? Do they have the proper swag in them?