Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 650L injection pump removal

GUNNER88 · 2022-01-28 09:31

I have a 650L high pressure injection pump I need to remove. Does anybody have a removal procedure? Or some insight on removing it and timing it. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-01-28 09:42

    Which series is the engine ? This may help --- https://cdn.oregonfuelinjection.com/content/uploads/2016/08/ve-pump-removal-and-installation.pdf

  2. #2GUNNER882022-01-28 10:16

    It has the high pressure pump. Part # 489821 or 5801382396

  3. #3Parts2022-01-28 10:58

    I believe that is the common rail Bosch pump correct? Just need a gear puller and you're set to pop the gear off the pump and remove the pump from behind the timing case. GEAR PULLER: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BTK8LWM?ref=myi_title_dp

  4. #4GUNNER882022-01-28 11:44

    I know there shouldn’t be any timing on a high pressure pump correct? But is there any kind of special instruction I should do before popping it off? Yes it is a Bosch. Just never pulled one off a case.

  5. #5Parts2022-01-28 15:32

    There is no timing. The only special instructions I can think of is that there is fuel pressure involved so you're gonna want to be careful because the lines will spit diesel. Covering your face with a shield is kinda key if you haven't done this before. It can also pierce skin. I would crack the lines after covering them with something thick like a heavy towel and crack them gently at first until pressure drops. I can't think of any other safety things but I am sure I didn't give you all of them. Maybe look for a CP3 injection pump removal on youtube - they'll probably highlight how to stay safe better. Oh and don't drop anything including the injection pump gear nut into the timing case . Thats a big one!

  6. #6GUNNER882022-01-28 21:32

    Thanks my brotha. You just helped a lot!!!

  7. #7Parts2022-01-29 11:48

    Hope you were able to get it off!

  8. #8GUNNER882022-01-29 12:34

    I ordered the pulley. Will be here Monday

  9. #9GUNNER882022-02-07 23:22

    Update* so turns out the whole pump comes out with no needed special tool. I removed the back cover and found no access to the nut on the injection pump. So I removed fuel lines and the three nuts that hold the injection pump in and it fell right out. The injection pump has a pressed on gear with no way of using that tool. I used my puller instead. There is a spacer in between the injection pump and the bell housing that needs to move over to the new injection pump as well.

  10. #10thepumpguysc2022-02-08 04:56

    It’s been my experience that you’ll be required to replace the supply pump as well.. or it voids the warranty.. What happens is, the supply pump takes a dump and leaves the inj. pump to pull fuel from the tank to which it was never intended.. So wherever you get your new/reman pump from, there should be/ will be a tag in the box stating that fact..