hi what’s best way to get engine out of my 680e? Motor is sized up. Can you do an inframe rebuild or do you need to take engine right out?
It all depends on what has caused the seizure. Overheating may have caused the pistons to seize. That being the case you may be able to do an in chassis rebuild. If a lack of oil or oil pressure caused the failure, then the crankshaft will be damaged & the engine will need to come out. To remove the engine, raise the loader frame & lock it in place, start at the front removing the radiator & work your way back. Leave the transmission in the chassis - it may need a jack under the front section for a little support - the converter will come out with the engine.
Thanks. I have made a start on removing everything off the engine. But I can’t raise the loader as it won’t start. Is it going to be a problem? I broke the oil return line that comes from the compressor and feeds into the oil pan snagged it on a branch pushing some bush.
If you have something to lift the loader you could either loosen the lines at the lift cylinders and lift loader but be sure to have something to catch oil. The other idea is to pull the loader lift lever as you lift the loader.
The broken oil line you mentioned suggests that you have major damage to the crankshaft. Were you able to get the machine in a decent place to work on it ? Be sure to put safety bars on the loader lift cylinders after you raise the hoist to prevent a fatal accident. If you don't have a service manual you should get one.
I have the engine part of the service manual that someone off here kindly emaild me. I managed to drag it up close to my workshop with the tractor so I can work on it a little easier.