I've got a Kubota L2900 with a "Woods Dual" loader that I bought used a few years back. One of the JIC fittings on a hard line was cross threaded when I got it and has always had a little dripping leak. It's now time to rebuild some cylinders so it's a good time to change that line out but not sure where to get one. I called Woods to begin with when I got the tractor but they requested a serial # which I've looked all over that loader and unable to locate one or any evidence of where one may have been stamped. The tractor does have it's numbers visible. This line is one of four hard lines that runs two cylinders so has two of the JIC male fittings built in. Can these lines be ordered somewhere from measurements? I figure they may have to be custom bent but the distance between the JIC fittings would have to be considered. I just haven't found a hydraulic supply place on-line selling such so if anyone knows of a place then I'd appreciate the info. I guess I can run hose with fittings but hoping to get another hard line if price is reasonable.
Here's one end of the line.
Any decent hydraulic shop should be able to 'copy' that line for you. Usually it's not the threads that are the problem it's when they get overtightened it deforms the taper face and then they leak. I think I have seen tools for 'refacing' the tapers....
If the flares are leaking, I think Cat has washers you can put on the flares to stop the leaking. Depending on the line you may be able to cut the leaking end of off and re-flare it and use some fittings to hook everything back up. Good hose shops can make steel lines but I don't know if a lot of them will silver solder fittings on like what comes from the factory.
I braze ends on tubing very frequently. I have never had any problems.
Depends on the pressure if I would trust brazing a flare.
Yes Cat does sell those, they call them seals. Actually very thin piece of copper that seem to work good. Used them once in a while when a JIC fitting was damaged from age or someone being careless. Another one of those things I had in stock at the shop that I can guarantee no one there now days had the faintest idea of what they are or where to find new ones!