Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 680e transmission parts

brcisna ยท 2021-01-24 15:27

Hello All, Newbie here. about 1976 vintage I think. Has anyone ever delved into tearing apart a Case 680E transmission? This is the actual 4 speed box and not the shuttle shift Bought the service/parts manual pdf for this and have a good look at what is ahead. Have never bought any Case parts before and looking for anyone that knows of good sources for this type of stuff. It "looks like",,,yes famous last words,,without ever having done this ,, the trans should be able to be dropped out the bottom similar to the same as the shuttle shift case?,,but not sure. I could not find any youtubes of anyone doing the actual 4-speed box tear out/drop. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-01-24 21:42

    Removing the 4 speed transmission is fairly simple. You will need to turn the driveshaft while moving the u joints so that you can remove the bolts. Pay careful attention to the location of the four mounting bolts because they are different lengths. If you put a long bolt in the wrong hole you will strip the threads because they go into blind holes. Use a good transmission jack for safety sake. The tranny is heavy and awkward. Make a phone call to ---> https://joseph.com/ They should have everything you need for that transmission.

  2. #2Shimmy12021-01-24 22:34

    As far as I remember, those transmissions are just a standard 4 speed that was used in pickups during that time, minus the reverse gearing. I have no idea what brand or model trans, all I know is my dad had the one out of ours every other year fixing it.