Fluid from my shuttle transmission is disappearing and unit stops moving after about 30 minutes of use. Does anyone have a copy of the page(s) of a service manual or parts manual they could share with me? I'm also open to any advice on what you might think is wrong or repair suggestions. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Case has their parts manuals online: http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::model_find Just put "680G" in the search box and you'll have the parts manual in front of you.
Fluid is disappearing? As in leaking?
digger, your the best. Thank you for the quick response
willie, fluid is disappearing. Small leak but i don't believe it's the problem. I'll lose all the hyd. fluid in shuttle within 30 minutes with no visible leaking.
Oil does not disappear - without going somewhere ....... either onto the ground or into another compartment, ie - bellhousing, gearbox, etc. You need to check the level at the shuttle with the engine idling - are you sure there is enough in it to start with? If the oil level is OK & it loses drive after 30mins, chances are the shuttle needs opening up & the plates may need replacing.
WOW, That is a very nice online parts manual. I thought Deere was nice but this one loads much faster, photos are much clearer and easy to enlarge and the manual is easy to understand. Time for Deere to update.
And, if it works, then at some point it loses drive from lack of oil (oil loss), that means there's not enough fluid pressure to compress clutch packs. The danger to operating the machine like that is there is a point where pressure loss will cause "slipping" of clutch pack disks and you'll kill those disks doing that.
Equiphelp, I have both the service manual and the parts book for a Case 680CK. Case used the same shuttle in both 680 tractors. At least they appear to be after I did a quick comparison of both shuttles on the Case parts web site. I can scan and post whatever you need out of my manuals. If the oil is going into the flywheel housing, you should see it leaking around the sheet metal cover on the front lower front of the flywheel housing.