I am looking for the curved upper link on my 401C backhoe that runs from the stick up to the cylinder. It is on the left side as you are sitting at the backhoe controls. The John Deere part number is T67895. It can be found on 92, 93, 93A, 94, 95, 95A, 9250, 9250A, 9400, 9550 model backhoes, or 300B, 302A, 401C, 401D, 444, 444C, 444CH, 500A model loader backhoes, or 350B, 350C, 450B, 450C, 550 model crawler, loader, backhoes. If anyone knows of someone with one of these machines in their backyard that would be interested in selling the link, please let me know. Pictures below are the parts diagram and description and a picture of my broken link. John Deere does sell new ones but I can't swing $327.91 right now, woulod like to find a cheaper alternative. I also went to a welding shop and they said that even if they welded it, it wouldn't be strong enough to use again and would most likely break the first time I tried using it again. Thank you.
Take it to a machine shop and see if they can make one you Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UPDATE: So I got a hold of another welding shop in Mason to talk to them about my problem. Talked to their customer service guy, super helpful. Send him pics of what was broke. He calls me back, "Oh yeah, we can weld that up no problem... but..." "IT'LL PROBABLY BE CHEAPER TO JUST BUY A NEW ONE." Lol, after I pick my phone up off the floor he tells me it'll be $200 for him to repair it. So, that's out of the budget. I ask him if he can weld me a new one out of 1" plate and DOM tubing. He says, oh yeah, we could do that no problem. How much? $400. LOL, yeah, no, next.
A quick google search of that part number shows this link: Maybe a better price??? http://www.tractor-part.com/search?q=T67895 Another possibility: http://www.crawlerheaven.com/index.htm
I had found the two dismantlers in the first link and after emailing them saturday, got a response on Monday indicating that they actually did not have the parts. I submitted a parts request/ inquiry with crawler heaven on the same day (hoping they had a crawler with a BH being parted out) but have not received a reply yet. Thanks for the direction though.
$200 to fix is pretty cheap considering, labor, materials, and gases. You can't just slap a booger weld on that joint and expect it to hold. That being said, I had a 310 series hoe that had similar links that had broke at some point before I had owned it. The crack was beveled, pieces fixtured (how i'd do it), welded, ground flush, and a fish plate put over it. If I was welding it I would also preheat it. So, you can see its not a 2 minute process. FYI, there was 3 different bucket links on mine that were welded(not while I owned it), and I had never re-broke any of them.
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way insinuating that it's not worth what tjey're asking. I understand a man's time, skill and materials are worth alot but that doesn't make it any more affordable this week. Lol. What size (thickness) plates did they use on your links? I've got some 3/8 laying around, I may just try to tackle this myself. Worst case scenario is it breaks again. Then I'm right where I started anyway.
I don't know exactly what size they used since I don't have the machine to look at anymore. But 3/8 seems like plenty. Fish plate both sides of the large flat. You could also box the entire break in as long as you don't have clearance issues to any other components.
I believe I do have plenty of clearence on 3 sides. I may try tackling this myself. TSC has a rod for cast and I've got an old oven hooked up downstairs. Maybe bevel, preheat in oven to 500, weld, reheat, grind flush, weld on plates might work.