I have a case 680h backhoe and I am wondering if its normal for it to be this slow? The digging power seems great other than the rear side to side boom swing but the thing is a snail when I'm headed uphill. Granted this thing is heavy but heading uphill I am reduced to a crawl in first gear. Flat ground it seems fine but still a little lacking in my mind. Any one have any experience with this machine for a comparison? Thanks for the help!
What is your engine rpm with the machine stalled with the brake on. It should be about 2000-2200 rpm.
Good question my guages don't work but that's one of the many things I need to fix. I'm afraid I don't understand the question entirely. What do you mean by stalled with the brake on?
Put the transmission in high gear with the brakes applied and go full throttle with the brakes holding the machine still. You will be basicly trying to drive through the brakes but the machine shouldnt move. Make sure the declutch switch/valve is in the drive position while doing this. Your full throttle no load should be close to 2400 rpm and then with the converter stalled and working properly it will drop down to about 2100. If it drops down to around 1500-1600 the converter is locked up.
Oh I see, thank you for that! As soon as i get back from the coast I will give this a shot and see what happens. Thanks again I appreciate the help!