Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 780 Transmission question

kcarson ยท 2013-01-03 18:06

I just bought an old 780...probably around a 75 model I'm guessing, and I notice that I don't see any gear selection on it...just fwd/rev. Am I missing something? and does that unit have a locking differential?

Replies3
  1. #1Goose2013-01-03 20:39

    If it is an old 780CK the it should have 2 gears. The shuttle lever goes forward and back for the directions. With the lever in the forward position you lift up on the lever for second gear.

  2. #2Goose2013-01-03 21:00

    Heres a picture I found in the owners manual

  3. #3kcarson2013-01-04 08:15

    Wow, that is a huge help, I never would have gotten that. I was looking online to find an operators manual and haven't found one yet...I've found lots of parts, but no operator manual. There are some sort of buttons down below the steering wheel, do you know what those are about? K