Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850K,Series2,open station, won’t speed up,no codes

atc007 ยท 2018-05-28 11:29

Hello all. So,my saga continues. 1743 hours . Purrs like a kitten. Joystick SEEMS to do everything it is supposed to! Including rabbit turtle. It shows on the dash it is shifting, 20/40/60 and 80 %. And does speed up and slow down, but it will only creep. Doesn't move in 20/40,starts creeping at 60,and a lil more at 80. That's it. VERY annoying!. If I am scrolling correctly, there are zero faults. No codes, correct?. I have freshly put around 30 minutes on it,with NO codes. My question. Is there an operators manual I can access online free? Seems I read somewhere,that the speed may be accidentally set too slow in the dash? That is what I need to know at this point. How to verify it is set to go as fast as possible in the dash. Thanx all.

Replies5
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2018-05-31 16:11

    Have it recalibrated I think it's set for wrong machine.

  2. #2atc0072018-05-31 16:51

    A little more info. Just crawled out of it. Found how to scroll through speed and steering. Steering is at #2 from factory. Speed is at 90%. I thought the book said it would factory default to 60 upon turning off. But mine is at 90%. Same problems as before. With RPM's up, she starts crawling at 20%,increases very slightly with each tap of the rabbit. Topping out at maybe 3/4 MPH at 90%. ZERO codes. None. Brake levers are lubed and working nicely. Decelerator is wanting a litle oil. I need to double check the center brake. But it seems free and easy. With no codes. Where do I even start? It has brand new cat 5 batteries. Wiring and plugs when I take them apart,appear soft and new. Pulled all the fuses, they all are shiny as new. Cory, you posted as I was. Nothing has been replaced or messed with on this machine. worked as a new one. A guy that didn't know to push both brake levers down fought for 13 minutes trying to make it move,and it has never been right since he got out of it. I agree,it SEEMS to simply need re calibrated. But is that possible being zero parts have been replaced or removed? Thanx for ANY help!

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2018-05-31 22:04

    Anything is possible on any machine. Have you lost battery power at all or dude may have screwed something up.

  4. #4atc0072018-05-31 22:26

    Lost battery power while changing batteries. But same problem was there 2 years ago with perfect batteries. Problem started the second the guy was attempting to drive it. Cheapest possible option of getting a Case dealer here is at least $400++ best case scenario. IDK what to do. Would really like to have her fixed,but don't wanna lose tons of money doing it.

  5. #5atc0072018-06-01 08:10

    Moving forward. Can the joystick alone,be reprogrammed? If I take it out of my machine and to the dealer ? My closest dealer also has the same dozer in stock. I think as long as I'm paying,he will put my joystick in his and see if it works in his?