I have D3B , with a Transmission problem . When It is cold or for the first 20 minutes of operation , the transmission shifts like it should . After it gets warmed up it has a long delay when shifting into forward , none when shifting into reverse . no slippage when pushing. Any ideas Thanks
Check the transmission filter.
.....for the presence of any particles of clutch material or metal that shouldn't be there. This will require the filter element to be cut open to check in the bottom of the pleats of the filter material.
Thank you , I picked up a new filter yesterday , I will get the old one pulled and let you know. Thanks , thats a start
Nige and Welder Dave , I pulled the filter and cut it open . I found about 8 or so tiny yellow flakes about the size of a paint flake or a small tick . I sucked the tranny fluid out of the filter well and found a few more. The fluid looks like it has some tiny metal flakes /sparkles in it . So any ideas ? is my tranny toast , I ran the tractor about 40 minutes hard before it started delay engagement again . slow at first then longer . Any ideas or advice ? The old filter had about 400 hrs on it thanks
Any chance of a photo of the particles with a ruler or tape measure alongside to show what size they are..? Also what type/grade of oil are you using in the transmission..?
Yes , very small yellow pieces about the size of a paint chip , not very many of them an a couple of tiny metal slivers even smaller. Very thin and I use premium hyd fluid rated for Cat TO 2. I can't figure out how to get a picture. They are the size of a spray can straw end
On the left is a sharpie dot on the right is the fragments
By the knife point
Premium Transmission / hyd. Oil , is there a screen on the bottom of the tranny ? Wondering if putting fresh fluid in it would help.
f that is all you found it does not point to a clutch failing (loads of burnt clutch material), or signs of a hard failure in the transmission which would produce more and bigger particles than what you found. Next thing to check for any large lumps would be the suction screen circled below.
Thank you ,I will check it an see . I dont have a manuel for this machine , I am assuming I need to drain the fluid before pulling the screen ? Is # 6 a drain plug ? I appreciate the help .
Yes you'll have to drain it unfortunately. Take care to collect and photo anything that you find on the screen. For manuals try Service Manual Pro - https://servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=27Y This is what a search throws up ....... the O&M Manual for $42 would be good value. It will give information regarding oils, illustrate procedures for changing oils & filters, adjustments, etc,
Just changed the trans oil on my D3B with 27Y, easy enough to do. I also got a new O-ring for it.
Thank you all alot . I will do as you suggested asap. Gotta go back to my regular job in a couple of days . It will be a week before I can work on it. But I will get a manual ordered. I will keep you posted. Thanks again!
BTW I found my manuals (paper) on ebay. While it has helped fill in some blanks, its not been 100% info. Still having an issue my self with my D3B but hoping someone here will help as well.
I am going to check the screen on mine when I get off in a few days , and call a number I was given. I will hopefully get an idea then . I will post what I learn . Thanks Alldodge