Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 880D excavator information

Doug802 · 2020-09-01 19:24

Looking at a case 880d coming up at an auction soon. Haven’t found much info about them. Read that the bucket scoop/dump are on a foot pedal? Are they a decent machine? Parts availability? Estimated value? Hour meter broke at 800 hours. Needs paint, undercarriage looks to be in good shape. Engine has been rebuilt

Replies2
  1. #1Tags2020-09-03 22:05

    It really depends what you're planning on doing with it. I've run one and have moved one a handful of times that used to belong to a local contractor that I did some work with years ago . She's heavy, slow(compared to anything with pilot controls), and sits way up high because I belive the 880s had the ability to hydraulically tilt the whole upper structure so you could level yourself out. Have no idea on parts but anything that vintage could get exciting to find parts for.

  2. #2Doug8022020-09-06 07:21

    Just would be used around the farm