Hi all, Hoping someone can help! I've got a 1999 case 9013 excavator, she turns over but doesn't want to start up.. First, I thought i've done a classic and ran out of diesel.. but no, all good in that department. I also noticed there was no display/symbols on the dash like what mode i'm in or pre heat etc. Then i thought I'll have my mate pull on the electric throttle lever outside and I turn the key.. she started!! But the second he let go she turned herself off. Urgh. So my question is, does anyone know what could be at fault? I'm at an end as to what i can do or try next.. any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you
Sounds like a bad solenoid or bad connections on the wires for the throttle solenoid that controls RPM and or/or engine shut off. Check all the wires and check for voltage at the solenoid when it should be revving up.
The solenoids fuse could be blown, if so need to find if solenoid is grounding out. Sometimes solenoids will pull, but the hold winding will not hold it. How many wires on the solenoid? Simon C