My Case 95XT has a internal leak somewhere. The tilt part of the bucket settles badly, worse when there is something heavy on the bucket. I noticed the other day that when the accessory hydraulics (foot pedal) are being used (my auger) that the hydraulic flow just isn't there either. Now if I put the parking brake on, I get more flow to the accessory hydraulics. Leads me to believe some oring or something is leaking but I have no idea where to start looking.
Also when using a hydraulic accessory (auger) if I have flow to the auger and then lift the arms, the auger stops for a minute, like it looses flow then starts up again when I stop lifting.
the accessory hyds runs off the same pump as the lift arms it's normal for it to lose flow . you probley have an internal leak or bypass in one of the tilt cyld's I would try repacking the cylder first
Thanks, I wasn't sure ifi should be looking at a valve bank or cylinder or something else. Is there a easy way to isolate the tilt cylinders so that I can see which is leaking? How hard is rebuilding one of those, I've never done one before.
Good question any one?
Tandem cylinders should always be done in tandem
Try to do this on a cold morning: You can try to pick up something you can't lift and put some pressure on it for ten seconds, then shut it off and see if one cylinder is warmer than the other one at the point where the piston is inside the cylinder. Or you could cap some lines, but then you might as well do the seals instead. If you can get the gland loose without scratching the rods then you've got the hardest part done. The piston will need more torque, but that's easier than the gland.
The best way to isolate the cyl's is to raise loader arms,they don't have to be all the way up, just enough so you can block up the bucket, tilted all the way back. then undo and cap the end of the hoses going TO the cylinders and then remove blocking (I use a chain hoist) holding the bucket back. Now, the bucket will move down some, maybe an inch or two or three, because of the air introduced into them while undoing the hose, but that's about it. Then see how fast, if at all ,the bucket rolls down. If the cyl's are leaking real bad, you can see the bucket moving down. If it takes a long time, like 4 hrs. or so for the bucket to roll down, the cyl's are probably ok.