Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 95xt right side won’t move

davecampbell ยท 2020-10-31 13:09

I went to unload my skid ateer from trailer and right side does not move. I tried applying and releasing parking brake. Parking brake indicator does not work but it does apply the brake on left side when I activate the button.

Replies4
  1. #1davecampbell2020-10-31 15:15

    Update: I got it to unlock briefly. While it was unlocked, it didn't seem as smooth as usual. Almost like a brake was dragging on that side, when I released the lever it seemed to stop more abruptly than it should. Now it has locked up again.

  2. #2davecampbell2020-11-03 18:54

    Pulled the left brake apart and the piston seemed to be sticking. The brake disc was stuck to the plates. Brake disclooks like the brake material is brass. Makes me think its designed to be a wet brake, but mine was dry. Anyone know if it's supposed to have oil in it?

  3. #3Muffler Bearing2020-11-04 12:51

    Manual says dry disc, seems like a rough life.

  4. #4davecampbell2020-11-04 23:07

    thanks Muffler. Its working good now, but it sure was tight getting it back in there. I ended up having to grind some material to get it back in there.