Hello. Having a problem with startup. The engine runs at high idle. I left the battery connection on and had to replace the batteries. Once installed I tried to start the machine and it won't drop down to idle properly. First time for this. I am not sure if the throttle liquid was brake fluid when the mechanic topped it up, so I suctioned out the reservoir and refilled with brake fluid. I tried to pre warm the turbocharger but that didn't make a difference. Anyone have any suggestions. Machine was last used at the end of May and ran perfectly.
I seem to remember them using hydraulic oil for throttle and brake controls back in the days when they were Drott. Seals formulated for hydraulic oil will go bad with brake fluid in short order so you need to find out. Hopefully someone here will know for sure. Also as I recall there were a manual linkage on the engine that was moved by a slave cylinder. Checking pivot points and some use of penetrating oil might solve your problem.
Thanks for that. You also reminded me of a friend that said he spent a lot of time in the seat of one of these. The manual says brake fluid. I did spray lots of lubricant around. Not sure on what though. There are some wires that the mechanic said were broken and he fixed them (they had something to do with the accelerator). There are still two with eyelets hanging down that concern me now. Unfortunately the mechanic is in the bush for the foreseeable future.