Hey! I have a problem with my Case CX 210 excavator from 2005. At first, it was like something got stuck while driving, and the excavator would move slowly, then something would slip, and it would drive normally again. Now, it constantly drives slowly and weakly, and on top of that, it feels like it’s putting some strain on the engine. When driving straight on the flat ground the pressure on the computer shows 130 bar on one side and 300 bar (something like it's stuck) on the other side. All other functions are working well. Where should I look for the cause?
Drain some oil from your final, see how it looks.
It was tittle dark but without any metal parts and contamination
Do you have any machine codes in Diag. 4 or 5? Also check the pilot solenoid in the solenoid valve bank back by hyd. pumps. Do you have a service manual?
If no catastrophic destruction was found in the finals- get pump pressures and flow rates and make sure those are in spec, make sure hyd oil isnt low or contaminated, start simple and make sure you check off the easier things before you go diving into hydraulics. If you have a SN for us I could most likely provide what we need for hyd or code investigation- let us know!
Well that's good. Another quick test would be to swap your left and right travel motor hoses before they enter the swivel. Easy easy enough on the older machines, anyway. If the problem side stays, it's the motor. If it moves, its upstream in the swivel, valve bank, etc.
Smart!
Well, the only code is 0025 in diag 1, which means fuel flow adjustment resistor, i think thats the problem with automatic idle, because machine only goes idle when i pull pilot pressure lever down or manually turn down the throttle "button", but thats no problem when we using machine, we actually rebuild the swivel joint and the problem still existing, we also were thinking about swap the hydraulic hoses between sides, but it's little tricky here haha. I also forgotten write, that the problem isn't existing when i lift the tracks into air, hydraulic pressures and speeds of the tracks are fine. At the end sorry for my english, im from Poland and i am doing my best
So without any load on the tracks as if you lifted one side you get no issues with speed/consistency of travel? Both sides?
Yes, both sides, i thinking also about lift both sides in the same time and try then
I think the solenoid is working fine, because when i pull the pilot pressure lever everything is working fine apart from travel, there is also solenoid of second travel speed, but second travel speed is also working, but on both speeds the problem is the same, too high pressure and excavator too slow
It’s interesting that you only have codes in diag 1. Usually diag 4&5 will show codes also for machine. There was a service bulletin from Case on the control spool in the drive motor. I forget what all it was about but we (I say because I worked for a Case dealer some years ago) had to remove the spool and I think check the screw that held the end onto spool. Item number six in parts diagram.
I have only service manual for this model, but there is also drive motor diagram, but... do you remember was the problem same like mine because of this screw?
Yeah item 25 is the spool and items 26 are the end caps that we had to remove and replace o’rings 27 I’m thinking I really can’t remember. It’s been too long and I’m to old ha ha. By the way you can find parts at www.mycnhstore.com
But when it's no load on the track, when i raise both sides into the air, the problem isn't existing, is it possible it's travel motor still?
It still could be the issue.
And that spool in the travel motor is a counterbalance spool?
yes I believe it is
Do you have any service bulletins for this model?
Sorry I do not have any service bulletins
Do you know may be where i can find then? Is it possible still?
If you have a Case dealer close by they may be able to help but I think it would be doubtful.
What is your serial number of your machine?
Unfortunately the serial number isn’t not coming up for me on the CNH parts website. It may be because of I’m in the U.S and you are in Europe. You can try the website I use and see if you can get any information. Www.mycnhstore.com
Hey something I just thought of. Check the track pressure by blocking the track with bucket or any other means you can come up with. Check both tracks and compare.
Today i made a test and its very strange, i decided to lift one side with jack and other side with bucket, so i had full excavator in the air, left and right side working fine but just when I use one side, when I use both in the same time, problem is still existing so I think there is no possible thats the final drive issue
here you can watch the video
That’s why I said to block your tracks where they can’t move so you can check hydraulic pressure in each direction. You could have a relief valve problem in the one track. Now you have reliefs in the control valve and in the drive motor.
Yes I know, there are 2 relief valves on the each track, one for forward and one for reverse, and one main relief valve on the control valve, but... why tracks used separatly working fine and used both are slow?
And the problem existing in both directions
What is pressure when you apply both tracks with them blocked?
Hello, last time i was very busy, i add hydraulic oil, and now excavator running fine, but... just when automatic idle works, when i retract the dipper, the auto idle doesnt work for a while, when i manually go to the idle and rev it again after few minutes evrything is fine, but for a while...
With key on engine off hold idle button down for about 3 seconds and turn auto idle off.
Today I noticed that the auto idle stop working when I only retract the dipper, i decided to unplug the pressure switch on main control valve and yeah, there is a signal for machine to not go idle. Case cx 210 has a straight line travel spool in mcv, and it's piloted only when swing or attachment is used by rising the pilot pressure inside the mcv (attachment or swing spool is closing circuit and pressure rises). I think there is a problem, may be with dipper spool
Could be in dipper spool or the pressure switch itself.