my son and i recently bought the cx210 at auction 2003 model put a grubber on it -- when you put it in the ground and pull the stick to you it pulls the machine down or stalls the engine if your not easy with it -- changed fuel filter- ck air filter- added another elec. fuel pump to make sure had plenty of fuel to pump engine blows a little black smoke when regaining rpms at a loss need help thanks
sound like the turbo has given up and needs replaced or the air filter is plugged solid with something.
Were did you put the feed from the eletric pump to! have you checked for the little strainers in the banjo bolts, the one going in to the injector pump may well have one! Aiden
thanks for your reply have ck air filters how do i ck turbo
i put the feed pump out of the first filter-seperator and ck for screen in turbo line thanks for reply
If it's a standard CX210, not a 210B, 210C, etc, it should have a Cummins electronic governor engine with an electric lift pump. If you don't get it sorted out, might be a good idea to have a Case tech come out an plug a laptop into it. Some of the CX210 models had a strainer inside the banjo bolt at the inlet fitting to water separator bowl. I don't think they used any other banjo fitting strainers on the fuel system.
It seems you may be encountering the same problem i have with my 320l cat . as soon as the load comes on the engine it stalls. I suspect you have hydraulic /electric problems as i'm thinking i have . I change all my filters , even installed a new turbo , inspected my speed control sensor but still no fix . on to the pressure relieve valve next. my 320 hydraulics seem to pull the engine down on it knees like the hydraulic pump is being stroked too much. Your problem may be similar.
case mech came out said it might be injection punp sent to shop tested bad replacrd pump made no difference still looking for problem hard to find help on case machine
Umm...they still holding you to paying for a pump rebuild (that made no difference)? I don't go after injection pumps unless I have good suspicion it's the problem. Our CX210 has an inline strainer filter (item #27 below) in the fuel line going from water separator to lift pump, have you checked that?
Injection pump bad ? typical dealer service , keep throwing parts at it. Your problem is hydraulic or electric . do u have a limp mode switch . Don;t know much about the Case machines but most machines are configured similar . I guessing its a solonoid failed or not getting power . probarbly the pressure release valve which tell how much that the hyd. pump is to be stroked . You may find a wire off or broken somewhere as i did . I even installed a new turbo , new filters etc. i found a spade nose connector off a resistor at the back of my seat where i had dropped a bottle of water . I must have checked the area at least 5 times and never saw it . I bet its something simple aand the original owners couldn't find the trouble , hence they auctioned it off .
i have checked and or replace everthing from fuel tank to injector pump no inline filter i do have a speed sencor on order will see what that does will let you know
Does anybody know where the PRV solonoid is or if a Case CX 210 hase one? Also does anybody know how the hyd pump destroke or bypass under load?
I work on these things quite a bit. There is a new style pump regulator spool for the hydraulic pump (Kawasaki). You didn't say how many hours are on the machine but generally what happens is the hydraulic pump will not destroke quick enough and the engine will stall out. Will it run properly in "L" or "S" mode? Another possible problem is the turbo boost sensor. If it gives an erronious high reading to the engine computer, the engine computer will derate the engine and it will stall. An easy fix for that problem is to pull the 3 wire connector off the turbo sensor (counter weight side of engine on intake manifold). This will send an electrical problem on the dash but if this is the problem the engine will carry the load. You can also use the dash to get into some diagnosing screens. Let me know how you make out. I'll check back later.
we have a case cx210 2003 with 6500 hrs. we have tried the turbo boost sensor made no difference- engine pulls down in all mode settings= the machine has addon aux hyd not in use thanks for your help
If the engine is pulling down in "L" mode, it seems unlikely that the problem is with the regulators on the hydraulic pumps. In L mode, there is no milliamps being sent to the hydraulic pumps to keep them up stroked. When the problem is with the regulators on the pump, it is generally most noticeable in H mode when the computer is sending milliamps (450?) to the hydraulic pumps to keep them upstroked. I think my next step would be to put a 20 lb. pressure gauge on the outlet side (bleed port) of the fuel filter. This is an M4 thread but a 1/8 pipe fitting will work but will leak. When you start the machine, taget pressure should be around 12 psi. If anything else was wrong with the injection pump etc. it would be putting up "electrical problem" on monitor and there would be a corresponding code shown on the diagnostic monitor. This will be the only way to tell if you are getting a good supply of fuel.
Was giving your problelm further thought. I know its pretty hard to explain over the internet but what does the unit sound like when it's bogging down? The reason I ask, there has been an ongoing problem with VP24 relay (relay that controls the electronic fuel system. It's located on frame rail counterweight side of engine below injection pump.) When this acts up, it sounds like the engine is bogging down but is different than a fuel related problem. The best way to describe it sounds like you are turning the key on and off very rapidly. When it is a fuel related problem, the engine slowly dies and may come back but this is almost like an intermittent misfire. I think the relay has to be bought from Case as it is slightly different than a normal relay and 24 volts. Let me know how you make out.
Thank you for all your help. I have a speed sensor on order with case. it mounts under the injection pump in the same housing that injection pump shaft sticks in. $120 part thought I would try it. I dont know if this is the VP24 relay? when the engine pulls it is like you shut the fuel off and as soon as you release the hyd it revs. back to rpm tis every time not intermitttent
travelling tec: thanks again for your help i replace the speed sensor mounts under the injection pump -made no difference took your advice installed a pressure guage between fuel filter and injection pump - pumps 12 to 13 psi at idle or warmup checked under load will pull down to 8 psi before stalling--i am at a stand still
Just wondering if the engine stalls using all the movements ei: boom up , stick out/in , bucket in/out, swing . Is there any black smoke as the engine stalls ? if there is black smoke , i don't think its fuel . I'm still thinking its hydraulic problem , pump not being destroked. does your machine have a hydraulic manifold near the pump with some solinoids on it or are there sols on the pump itself ? if it has one of the above , I'm guessing one of those sols are gone or not getting the signal to activate. you checked all fuses ? especially anything listed as a hydraulic fuse etc? You may need to find out what voltages are on each of the sols and then do it correspond with what the specs say.
engine only stalls under load with alittle black smoke at recovery of rpm-- unit has a bank of 6 solinoids also 1 on pump 1 and 1 on pump 2 i dont know much about about system but i think you maybe right im looking for shop manual -- thanks for your interest
Glad that you took a fuel pressure reading. At least that should eliminate questions about supply of fuel. If you have changed the turbo boost sensor, we can assume that the engine is getting proper boost and proper supply of fuel. That only leaves the VP44 relay that could cause this problem and not put up an electrical problem on the dash. As I have stated that VP44 relay can do strange things. It has fooled man;y people into thinking that the engine was bogging but it sounds more like a steady miss under load. If you're satisfied that the problem is not in the relay, then we will have to go back to the pump regulators. Those switches and solenoids in the pump compartment, the 6 bank solenoid package has nothing to do with pump control (power lift, free swing, etc). On the hydraulic pump inself, there are 2 pressure solenoids on the tank side plus the pump proportional solenoid and the back of the pump, counter weight side. You could take that 2 wire connector apart and try the machine alt;hough as I have already stated when you run in L mode there is no current to the solenoid to upstroke the pump.After eliminating all these possibilities, we should now turn our attention to the update for the pump regulators which keep it from over stroking. I will email you the procedure and if you feel comfortable with the description, the parts are worth about $150
thanks for your reply- we have not ch boost sensor just unpluged and tested unit, did change speed sensor located under injection pump would like to have your email on hyd. problem
Could you send me a private message through the forum with your email address and I will forward this information to you. Hope it helps
Could you send me a private message through the forum with your email address and I will forward this information to you. Hope it helps oops!! sorry posted twice
travelling tec thanks again for all your help; for anyone who wants to know it was the hyd. control valves there was an upgrade bullitin that was never done,the machine runs great now, God bless our canadian friend!
Hi caprock, I have an cx210 excavator with the exact same symtoms as yours, is there any chance you could forward the email from travelling tec to me? [email protected] . Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.
Glad you got it fixed, I had a good idea it was hyd. issue as i have seen so many machines with the same symtoms . dealers just keep throwing parts at it. as for these injection pump rebuilders, i bet you could take a brand new pump to them and they would say it got trouble , at least thats my experience with them . Anyway best of luck with your machine .
Hi I have just brought a case cx 210 with 6000hrs it is doing the same thing! Boggs down and stalls and makes strange noises. will not slew at idle,reaching right out with stick makes it bog down. If that bulletin could be uploaded?
case9030b - check your emails. I'll be waiting your reply
TravellingTec, We have a cx 210 with the similar symptoms. If I were to address this issue with my servicing dealer, how would I address this particular update bulletin? Could you send me the update bulletin to my email? My email is [email protected] . I am not sure if you are still on this forum, hope someone can help with this issue.
Mine still has the problem,has a variety of new fuel parts that have not fixed the issue.Dealer is trying out a pilot pump from another machine to see if that works.
*UPDATE* Had a new injection pump supplied by dealer brought machine off. Fitted pump and checked fuel pressure and it made no difference at all.. If you hold the left control hard forward reaching out it stalls the engine.
Sounds interesting
I think suction line is sucking air at hose or banjo bolt browns washer....
I think suction line is sucking air at hose or banjo bolt browns washer....
I have a cx290 with same symptoms, any thoughts?
Have had them on-off, No change. Have been told its possibly a throttle linkage??
These machines have no throttle linkage.
Hey fellow ontario hydro rates payer Could you please e mail me the same info I'm having the same problem and half loads come off this week in ottawa and the phones is already ringing . Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks Adam [email protected]
Mine ended up being the proportional valve was faulty Was hard to diagnose at first as the pilot pump was also faulty. Had a tech guy do some adjustments as "Travelling tech" suggested and its going great now.
travelling tec can you email the hyd. control valves upgrade bulletin. I am am having the same issues and have replaced the entire fuel system, freshly rebuilt hyd. pump, new engine ecm, new cab controller, new boost sensor, new crank sensor, and still trying to diagnose. Its an 2003 with 7200hrs. Thanks. James @ [email protected] . Any help would be appreciated.
jnardo13 check with the dealer who sold the machine new. I found out mine had the service bulletin done
Travellingtec, I am experiencing the same problems with my machine, could you send me the update bulletin as well?
I know a guy that had similar problem and he tried numerous things and spent lots of money but what ended up fixing it was him adding another fuel filter in line with the existing filter
My 210 is having the same trouble change speed sensor , vp24 relay etc. could you send me email on hyd. control valve
Im having the bogging down issue when reaching right out.technition has gone right over fuel system etc there is no problems there.if its given some extra fuel sprayed in the airbox while reaching out the issue disappears.something isnt giving the engine the fuel it requires. The lift pump,injector pump are near new and fine.
Would someone mind forwarding me the hydraulic updates.ive been dealing with similar problems. Thanx
Try the regulators
hey traveling tec we have a case 210 been having the same problem for over a year
Hyundai Robex 130lcd 2000 Problem with power mode. Torque goes up and down? I have problems with my torque when using the four power mode selection. H-S-L-F. It only works good when i have it in the L position and the torque is at 2000, then the torque is stabile. All the 3 other modes the torque goes up and down and is not stabile. Any one who can help me what it is? Is it the C.P.U that is broken ore the trottle lever? I read this tread and it looks similar to my problem. I know its a different machine but its a cummins and kawasaki hydraulic pump so the same as case. I hope that maybe you could send me the help on this on E-mail?E-mail : [email protected] Please help me. Kindly regard Ragnar/norway.Sorry for my bad english.
Travelling tech can you send me the bulletin on the cx210 hydraulic control valve? [email protected]
Travelling tech I've got the same problem with a cx290. Can you send me updates. Case dealer has been no help
Could you send me the pump regulator updates thanks
The hydraulic pump has two solenoid valves on it. The paper work say change them. That was not my problem cause we put a whole new hydraulic pump on the machine. Still did the same thing. When I get to work tomorrow I'll look for the paper work and send it to you. Ok.
That's what case told me to do with all there computer stuff to do
Thanks. I replaced a sensor and one solenoid on the pump. The pump has been rebuilt and I replaced the boost and speed sensors on the motor. Were you able to get it fixed?
Hi, we have a Case CX210 2006, we have the same bogging down issue, changed all fuel filters and replaced lines. Also look at injector pump. Can someone ( or Travellingtec) kindly send me the email on the hydraulic update bulletin as well. [email protected] . Thanks
Hi all, again im just asking for the email about the update for the pump regulators. Just to be sure about these Hydraulic pump regulators – they are the two regulator blocks bolted to the side of the hydraulic pump right? Again see pics where I am pointing to the regulators – please confirm. (See Pics - Pump, Pump Reg1, Pump Reg 2)
IS the UK engine orientation and Engine type the same for your US model CX210. In the UK our2006 Cx210 has a 6 cylinder Isuzu Engine.
Pump regulator update Any luck on the update for regulators?
No - i haven't heard back from anyone on this - would greatly appreciuate if someone could get us the info..
My Case dealership can only narrow the list of updates to 40. He said it will be a pain to go thru them all. Hard to believe they can't find their own update bulletin!
Yes your pointing out right parts.we replaced the regulator closest the engine on mine and the machine came to life.there are many many regulators to suit that pump im no expert ive just had to deal with it
Not sure what your needing the regulator update bulletin for. Not sure why your dealer can't find it. It just says to replace the regulators due to a failed o-ring in the regulators. Also measure the old regulator and set the dimensions to the same. If you feel like tuning up your machine, see picture 11 turn in screw 1 a 1/4 turn. The cx210 doesn't have enough horse power to do this on, but works well on the cx240. Just remember to do on both regulators. Machines affected are: CX130: DAC131608 thru DAC131824 CX135: DAC151222 thru DAC151399 CX160: DAC161853 thru DAC162229 CX210: DAC212090 thru DAC212659 CX240: DAC241408 thru DAC241589 CX290: DAC291231 thru DAC291305 CX330: DAC331289 thru DAC331477 CX460: DAC461152 thru DAC461186 cx160 and smaller get regulators FHU11550 cx210 and larger get regulators FHU11560 The cx series with the cummins engine were prone to fuel issues, so the regulator may not be your problem. The injection pumps were problematic.
We changed injection pump,Lift pump checked everthing...a $350AUD regulator fixed it.casecx210 2003
Hi guys. I have a 9020b and the hyd system is severely pulling bogging the engine. Sounds very similar to the original post of this thread. Need help! Seems to be on the lift boom side, and also on the drive wheels on the log processor head that is on it. I am convinced it's a hyd problem.
The pumps are not the same between the two models. They operator on the same principles. If you think you have a regulator issue, then stall the left track, and see if the engine bogs hard and dies or not. Repeat for the right track. I would start with your fuel system first. Change your fuel filters, and change your air filters. Check for bad fuel lines. If they are badly cracked replace them. There is a banjo fitting on top of the injection pump with a orifice. (on the governor housing). If that gets plugged you will have low engine power.
Tracks work fine. It is not an engine problem. Been all through the engine stuff. It is for sure a hydraulic issue. Yesterday something started bogging the motor and got stuck on, So I lifted the safety lever to get out and it instantly reved back up. Lowered the safety lever back down and it started to bog again. Something in the hydraulic system is sticking.
Also discovered the boom won't go up unless another function is being used. I can pull back on right joystick and it does nothing till something else is operated. I don't think I noticed it right away cause so many functions are being used at once.
I think Gary Hoff wants you to do a test by stalling each track to narrow down possible problems. I believe each pump is dedicated to a track. I
Hey Travelling Tec, I have a 2006 cx210 with these exact symptoms. Could you please email me this procedure as well? My email is [email protected] . thanks
I was reading posts form several years back and i have the same problems with my cx210. the machine runs great for about 25 - 30 minutes and then it starts acting like its running out of fuel. The engine stumbles, it blows blue smoke and really struggles to work eventually it will die and wont restart. we found an inline filter that was pretty dirty near the tank and i changed the canister filter/separator on the rear of the machine and it did start up and run again for 20 minutes but then lost power. Usually we have to wait overnight for a restart. I know nothing about the VP24 relay or the update you spoke of in earlier posts. can you steer me thru some help?
Any luck Randal? Im just starting to chase the same problem on a CX290
I have a CX160 with exactly the same problems being described. We have been through all the motor and easier stuff with a very good mechanic. If anyone has the the bulletin mentioned here, please email me at [email protected] . The regulator part numbers mentioned by GaryHoff seem to be nonexistence. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have a CX210 with the exact problems Ryan has mentioned. Please send me a e-mail, if possible, about any update that might help to [email protected]
There is a banjo fitting with a filter on it on the larger machines like the 290. The 160 does not have them. I would check that. I don't know if that would explain working for 20 min and then stumbling but something to check. If you follow the fuel line up and follow it toward the injection pump you fill find it. Kinda odd place for a filter, but I could see where it could get overlooked.
Thank you KSSS and that took care of the stumbling. Thank you very much
Glad it worked out for you.
Hi guys! got the same problem on my cx210, when you say that their is a bulletin on the regulator is it on the fuel regulator or the hydraulic regulator? thanks for your help.
Hi again, just to let you know, I had a problem with my cx210. When I was using 2 fonctions at the same time the excavator was dying, all of this was due to the regulators on the left side of the pump. when you remove the small screw at the end, you're not suposed to have oil coming out ( see pic ). If you got oil coming out you got back pressure in the regulator and it won't work correctly.
can someone send me that email on the technical bulletin i have same problem [email protected]
Please forward me that email on the technical bulletin as well, I would like to just order the correct parts and get my CX210 digger back online, I have same problem and it has been sitting in the corner of the yard for 3 years... DavyBoySmith @gmail.com
May someone please forward me the update bulletin as I have the same issue on my CX210B. [email protected]
Can someone send me the updated bulletin my 2005 CX 210 is have the same problem as everyone else on this thread [email protected]
Can someone please forward me that update as well 2005 cx210 oil behind adjusting screws [email protected]
I have asked travelling tec for this information with no reply, Do you still have the information to fix this issue same machine 05 CX210 with 6000 hrs. my email: [email protected] I realize this thread was a dozen years ago, I just want it off of my "things to do plate" Thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide.
Hi everyone, could someone send me that bulletin please, same problem as above, [email protected]
I had the same issue with my case cx 210 2005 with isuzu engine, the cause was so simple, the filter on the photo was clogging after 20-30 minutes of work, i think the dirt particles were sucked after this time from bottom of the filter and then this happened
Hi, could someone please send me the service bulletin having the same problem with a CX 210 sn# DAC212501 [email protected]