Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case CX240B control valve

bteigrob ยท 2015-06-12 12:30

Hello everyone. Was wondering if someone had heard of a sumitomo valve being the same as the control valve on this excavator. Also where one could find such valves for sale. I have inserted an image from tag off old valve. Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies13
  1. #1lantraxco2015-06-12 15:33

    According to the CASE online parts, was only used in the CX240BLR, and is superceded by KBJ12711, 12, and 13. Obsolete, no longer serviced, but Great Lakes shows one, if they still have it: KBJ12711 QTY: 1 Great Lakes Eq Co Phone: (815)220-7750 Don't know about Sumitomo, somebody else will I'm sure

  2. #2bteigrob2015-06-12 15:46

    Lantraxco, yeah I was assuming that the number would supersede and Great Lakes does not have that one anymore. The reason I ask about the Sumitomo is a buddy down in Aus said they were the same just we don't know how to cross ref. But thanks for the help. and yeah maybe someone else will post a reply.

  3. #3mikebramel2015-06-12 19:10

    What is wrong with the valve?

  4. #4clintm2015-06-12 21:53

    the case and link belts are built by Sumitomo

  5. #5bteigrob2015-06-12 22:58

    mikebramel, not sure why my guy wants to replace his, but he said he was sending the machine into the swamps for a few months and wanted this changed before hand so it didn't give any trouble.

  6. #6bteigrob2015-06-15 12:26

    mikebramel, it seems to spool and their cylinders were both worn. So he was getting a lot of oil bypass.

  7. #7bteigrob2015-08-05 18:29

    OK. So i found a vendor overseas who says he can supply the valve. Got a pic of the tag. The numbers do not match. Can anyone cross these numbers and see if the one is just the update? so this is the one from the vendor and the original is on the first post.

  8. #8lantraxco2015-08-05 19:35

    Unknown. It's a good number with Case but I can't seem to find what machine it was used in. Internet search it shows up as a Sumitomo SH200-5. "KRJ10315 is a replacement part for the obsolete part(s) KRJ10310, KRJ10311, KRJ10312, KRJ10313, KRJ10314" $7,215.00 Great Lakes Equipment 815-883-3610 shows a KRJ10312 as available, maybe they can get you more information/pictures?

  9. #9bteigrob2015-08-05 19:45

    Lantraxco, I was hoping you would reply. I will had done a search with the KRJ10314 and no one showed to have it, but that is valuable info that KRJ10312 is old number. Will check with Great Lakes in a.m. Vendor in china is asking 5k for it. Will let you know what I found tomorrow.

  10. #10mikebramel2015-08-05 19:46

    You can have the spools plated and ground oversized, bores honed for less than that

  11. #11bteigrob2015-08-05 19:52

    You know of a shop?

  12. #12mikebramel2015-08-06 02:14

    http://eaglegrinding.com/index.html

  13. #13bteigrob2015-08-06 11:22

    I will check em out. Thanks for the help.