Hey I have been on here a couple times before with questions and you guys were real helpful. I have a 1978(ish) Fiat Hesston 665 dozer and the engine clutch won't stay engaged anymore. It has 1250 hrs and the clutch was done about 100 hours ago I think (it was before I started using it). The clutch engages and the dozer moves, but the lever will not "pop" into place (couldn't find a better verb). The manual I have does not mention a fix for this. My question is: Is this an adjustment type thing that I can do on my own or do I have to take it somewhere? I do not want to take it somewhere because it costs upwards of $500 to get it moved and I do not want to be without my dozer for very long. Thanks
I do not know anything about your machine- but in general hand clutches are pretty straight forward to adjust. Should be a clutch compartment cover ( usually on top but under floorboard ) take cover off look at the pressure plate ( back of flywheel ) there will probably be a series of notches around the pressure plate turn the flywheel until you come to notch with a tab in it , loosen bolts on tab enough so you can get tab out of notch - now take a bar & hammer tap the inner part of pressure plate to tighten it i( it is threaded ) - when you get the right amount of pop tighten tab into a notch Hope this helps
Alright I will try that tonight after work. I assumed that most older dozers had similar controls, which is why I didn't post any specific pictures or anything. Thanks. I'll post after I do it.
Fixed it. The lever just needed adjustment. Thanks anyways though. /thread