Hi Guys,:notworthy I guess we have all seen the JCB dancing digger display team in action, Well here in Cornwall, England we have a Case digger team, Ian Stanton and his team of talented operators often put on a display at local shows & events. Hope you enjoy these shots Nick
Some of those positions I sure wouldnt try, especially the last one:nono Looks like that out rigger is under quite a bit of stress... And how do you explain a roll over doing this to your insurance agent??
Anyone notice that these are not the same machine as the the North America machines? These are the Case machines built on the New Holland platform. Look at the boom and loader linkage. They are built in the CNH plant in Imola Italy.
Lol now rollover and play dead doing the moves would be easy, but doing them in sync.
I wonder if they have any 'unseen' ballast to make sure they aren't too close to the edge? The last pic, for example, if you were to load the tires on the one side with water/calcium/whatever, it would let you go that extra angle as well with a bigger margin of safety. One of the things I'm undecided about with this stuff is when some homeowner rents one for a weekend and decides he's going to make his own video for youtube or something. Here we are as experienced operators, knowing that these are going to the absolute edge of what you can do, with favourable ground conditions, but the average rental guy won't know that. Mark
I wonder how many "accidents" they had before perfecting these stunts. Very little room for error.
Thanks for the photos Mr. Drew . Always nice to see some equipment in action .:notworthy
hi there, i drive one of the diggers in the display and i can asure you we are all experienced operators these are the machines we drive everyday and earn a living with! also these machines have not got "unforseen ballest" they are standard working machines.
Welcome to the forum :drinkup You would be the perfect candidate to answer my question
Yes, welcome to HEF and do you have anymore pictures? :drinkup
Here are some shots of this display team in action at the Padstow Vintage rally in Cornwall England yesterday. Ian Stanton and his team are becoming very popular at these kind of local events and are due to perform next weekend at the Liskeard show so if you are around these parts next weekend why not come and take a look and meet the team??
Hey boss,I didn't really roll it over,I was doing tricks!!!LOL Thanks Nick,the extent that they are leaning is beyond comprehension.......it doesn't seem possible that they could right themselves from that angle.We learn every day.Ron G:notworthy :notworthy
Hi Ron, I know its incredible!! the guy who does that extreme rollover is real old school, a very experienced operator, when he starts to upright himself one of the other hoes pulls on the backhoe bucket for a bit just to help him get back up. I was stood in the crowd taking pics and all I could hear were people saying "he's going to far" "thats going to tip over in a minute" etc etc It's amazing!!
you'd figure the engine would starve for oil at that angle.
My thoughts too skata. Hydraulic pump could be starved as well, it would suck if you needed to make a quick move and all the pump had was air. I'm a little miffed that the ATV would ride under the machines lifted by the hydraulics, that's counter to everything we've been taught by OSHA and here they are demonstrating it to a crowd.
Really dont know why I bother posting here !! All you guys do is pick faults in everything!! You all need to lighten up for gods sake:Banghead
Sorry Nick!:beatsme I look at machines as tools rather than play things and treat them as such. Here in the States, we constantly have safety beaten in to us on a daily basis, and to see someone thwart the rules we've been taught to live by (pun intended) for sport just rubs against the grain. I'll agree the operators of these machines are talented, but I guess I'm just not as impressed as some. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.....:my2c Perhaps next time I should keep my thoughts to myself???
Nice pic's Nick :drinkup Thanks for posting them. Bet you have had a few diggers in them positions Nick? Ross
Nice pictures and it sparks a healthy debate. Safety standards are very high in the UK, correct me if I'm wrong Nick but don't all equipment operators over there have to have reached established standards and hold an operators license? We see tricks and stunts carried out in shows and movies involving cars, motorcycles, planes etc all the time and most of us are smart enough to differentiate closed/track, professional pilots and drivers with normal professional responsibility. This is just showmanship and its presented as that, just as the Snowbirds, Red Arrows or Blue Angels show off the capability of their planes and skills to the public every year and the dancing digger does a lot to promote heavy equipment to the public
Ahh I see common sense prevails!!! Well said Wulf, Yes you are correct safety standards are very high here in the UK I have to defend my friends here because I know how proffesional these guys are and I know that not one of them would put anybodys life on the line.
That guy is riding that four wheeler without a helmet Nice post Wulf! I never really looked at it that way, I've seen the JCB dancing diggers at Con Expo a few times and like Steve have a hard time seeing the point of it all. I will say they are talented operators though. I think a few of them were women.
Hi i drive one of these machines in the show and i am very disapointed to think that you lot think we are cowboys and not experienced in what we do all these machines are serviced to the highest standard and fitted with check valves, we do not intend to put anyones life in danger and would not do it if we were!!!! and by the way its not law to wear a helmet to ride a quad "atv" in the uk. ointhead
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like like those Case backhoes have the New Holland/JCB type of extendahoe, unlike the extendahoe style for Case in the U.S.
I wish my 580 had those taller front tires. :drinkup
I have yet to read where anyone said that you were "cowboys" or "inexperienced" or that the machines were not serviced well. Actually, what I have read was complimenting the operators on knowing their machines and operating them to the fullest of their capability. I also read in a certain post here that the machines were "standard working machines". I didn't know that stock machines came fitted with check valves. Now, knowing that check valves are fitted, riding a quad under the hoe's isn't as dangerous as it originally seemed. So might I respectfully suggest that instead of getting your feelings hurt and getting all defensive, you calmly give us the full background and the benefit of the doubt. And even though wearing a helmet may not be "the law", it's still some of that good "common sense" that Nick spoke of. So when I see pictures of somebody riding without one, I figure they might be dumb enough to ride under a backhoe without safety valves installed.
I was thinking this same thing all afternoon after I had made my post. But.....here in the states we have a show called "World's Most Amazing Videos" where they show video tape of accidents of all types. There are often accounts of just this type of exhibition gone terribly wrong at County fairs or what have you. This show has a rule that no one can be killed in the video, but people are often seriously injured. You can bet there's film out there too where people actually are killed. Neither I nor skata were critical of anyone, and simply pointed out that the machine could suffer mechanical damage operating at such a severe angle. I also pointed out a safety concern that still bothers me. I know of two cases locally where people have been killed while working under a raised boom when the hydraulics failed. If this concern has been addressed by special equipment, then I guess it's safe, but I think it sends the wrong message to the public who doesn't know better. This forum is all about discussion, the good, bad and the evil. We can cover it all in a mature manner if we don't try to read between the lines. Opinions will differ again and again, there's no need to get excited or take things personally.
I'm going to have to align myself with Wulf and the fellows from across the pond, with some qualification ... As was pointed out, there is an endless variety of things done for our entertainment, and some of those things involve machinery--planes, cars, motorcycles, etc. I think if you're going to take issue with any of those exhibitions, then you should probably take issue with all of them. Some of that machinery is specially designed and built for the work it does. Race cars and civilian aerobatic aircraft come readily to mind. Some machinery has high enough performance, and is robust enough to put on a pretty good show just as it comes from the factory. Superb maintenance is necessary however. The military aerobatic teams are good examples of that. Apparently, the Case backhoes the Dancing Diggers use are another example of the latter. Perhaps they've been modified somewhat, but I'm sure they're closer to factory original models than NASCAR cars are to street legal automobiles. I think it's just a fact that those of us priveleged to operate heavy equipment get to play with some very capable toys. At the same time, there are plenty of fighter pilots in the Air Force, and only a very few ever get to perform as Thunderbirds. Those that do are talented, experienced, and practice, practice, practice. I'm sure the same can be said of the operators peforming in those pictures. Now, for the qualification.... We have traffic safety beaten into us too, but we love to see them good ol' boys tearing up the track every weekend. And occasionally, one of them gets hurt. And occasionally, some kid thinks he can do the same thing out on that winding road outside of town, and he gets hurt too. And the Blue Angels and the Snowbirds have each lost a pilot this year. And every now and then, some private pilot in a Cessna will end up a smoking hole in the ground because he tried to do something neither he nor the aircraft were capable of. Doing things that are outside the envelope of normal operation is risky. There exists something called personal responsibility. The kid on the back road, and the Cessna pilot, have only themselves to blame. Any of us who would do some of those things with a backhoe, I'd consider irresponsible and foolish. And that goes double for anyone who'd let another person get beneath our upraised machine. We may be professional operators, but we're not professional showmen . Granted, the professionals are taking "calculated risks", and being professionals--professional showmen, not simply professional pilots or drivers or operators--they should have the risks very carefully calculated, and kept within acceptable limits. But to say that there is no danger is misleading.
not case but the jcb team, thought it fit the topic:beatsme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yUWbSYB-vw
I think I see a New Holland to the far right.
After last weeks ripping of on here by the PC brigade the lads decided to wear helmuts this week.:beatsme We are ready for another barrage of negative comments
Hey Nick! Whats the point with the glas on the last picture? Did he touch it or crush it? And don't bother with the negative comments, i think your pictures is nice and shows the limits of the machinery. Let the stupid and not proffesional guys destroy their equipment, while we watch the pro's test the limmits for us.
The operator's manual specifies that the machine must be operated from the operator's seat only. And, how can those guys have their seatbelts fastend when they're standing up? (Hey, you said you were ready...):cool2
case copied the jcb dancing diggers. jcb can drive a backhoe under the other backhoes while they're elevated, and not just a fourwheeler.
Now Nick, do you honestly believe my statement was a ripping? You know the one with the big grin behind it. Anyway, If them boys got helmets on my work here is done!:cool2
Hej MKTEF, That last picture shows highly experienced operator Ray Gilbert crushing an egg which was sat in an eggcup with the outrigger. I am glad you liked and appreciated what thes guys can do with their machines. Digger, I think we just have to accept that you and me do not see eye to eye about anything. Its' a good thing we won't ever end up working on the same site!! ....I reckon we would not even last 5 minutes ....You are too much by the rule book for my liking But having said that you are probably a great bloke outside of work....Some guys are like that ointhead
Nick, you need to learn to take me every bit as seriously as I take myself--which is not at all. Except of course when I mean to be taken seriously.:cool2 (I'm sure that clears everything up.)
Nah I don't get it !!!:beatsme
I know. :exactly
don't no why we bother! so what are you trying to prove skata? the jcb's do drive underneath with another machine and not a quad but i fink u'll find are machines wont fit!!! and yes they do look very well in time but having seen them in action they certainly do not push there machines to there limits!!!! in fact i've personally seen 2 people try push a jcb to do what we do in the last picture with the egg, and tipped them completely over! so you no that if you ever see a jcb going over as far as we do you will no that it wont be a standard working machine and will probably have "unforseen ballest"! where as are machines are totally standard straight from work. usually the same day. with maybe the chance to wash it if your lucky! and nick will vouch for that. the case is a far superior machine to the jcb in every aspect! To be honest nick i think these photo's you kindly took and posted on here are wasted on certain people on here! and is a waste of time posting anymore! i do appologise to the majority of the people on here who do appreciate the photos this is not directed at you.:Banghead :bash
This thread isn't working quite right. I'm going to take it apart and try to figure out why. Nick proudly posts pictures of the team. Okay, nothing wrong there. biggixxerjim expresses shock, says he wouldn't try some of those positions and questions the stress put on the machine. Asks a rhetorical question about insurance. Since they must be insured, that one's really not pertinant. Most of us wouldn't try any of those positions either. Shocked reaction is consistent with that. Valid question about the stabilizer though. farm_boy comments on the origin of the machines. Nothing to be concerned about there. Dozerboy comments that doing those moves in sync would be difficult. Can't argue with that. He didn't really show any appreciation for the moves themselves though. Early signs that the thread is not operating as the Original Poster expected... greywynd, as a professional operator, wonders if there's any unseen ballast involved. Not an unreasonable question if you've operated machines well within the limits of their center of gravity. greywynd continues, and becomes the first to question the importance of the "Now kids, don't try this at home" factor. It's unfortunate, but it's an undeniable fact of life that people will stupidly try to imitate things that are well beyond thier abilities. This could lead to further discussion Grader4me wonders whether there were any accidents in learnig how to do the stunts and comments that there's no room for error. Reasonable conclusion; a left-handed complimnet actually, following another valid question. Blademan sends his compliments and thanks for the pictures. Good, good.... tone_rmz joins the thread, and assures us there is no unseen ballast; these are everyday working machines. And he assures us that he and the other operators are highly experienced. The question of ballast is answered. Good. No enlightenment on the other valid questions though, and no elaboration on how the operators came to be able to competently do things the rest of us don't do. Grader4me enthusiastically welcomes tone rmz, and points out that he'd be the most qualified to answer questions on the subject. Good point. It's nice to have one of the experts to share the details with those of us who only operate well within the limits, but would love to know more about how the experience of operating close to the limits. CB welcomes the new member. He welcomes everybody. Nothing out of the ordinary there. He requests more pictures. Nick happiliy obliges with more pictures, and praises the team. Good. RonG expresses wild admiration. Good. Nick responds, graciuosly. Good skata asks about oil starvation. Valid question, from one professional operator to another. Steve echos that concern, and adds concern about hydraulics starving for fluid. More valid qustions, from one professional operator to another. Steve continues, echoing the earlier concern about how the crowd might interpert actions that professional training and government regulations are contrary to. greywynd's concerns have not yet been addressed. They are repeated. Nick reacts. Not graciously Steve apologizes. Elaborates on his safety concerns, and expresses that he's simply voicing his opinion. Sounds reasonable to me. Ross compliments Nick's pictures. Good. Wulf adds another compliment, comments on the "healthy debate", and comments on the high standards of safety required of british operators. He brings up the aspect of "showmanship" and that this is a performance, similar to other types of entertainment. Good, and a valid point. Nick praises Wulf's common sense, and cites the need to "defend" his friends. Indication that what some consider valid questions, some others consider "attacks". Lashlander, with a BIG grin smiley, comments on the lack of helmet on the ATV rider. he continues, to agree with Wulf on the showmanship aspect, but does not praise the concept of staging such a show in the first place. One man's opinions, reasonably expressed. Tone rmz replies: First use of the term "cowboys" and first suggestion that the operators are not experienced. Apparently Lashlander's big smiley on the helmet comment fails to get through as well. trex2 and DigDug make comments on the machines. OrchardEx attempts to clarify everybody's positions, and "respectfully suggests" that calm should prevail, and further details and information about the performers and the machines would be beneficial toward that end. Good. Very good. Steve shares the basis of his safety concerns, and reiterates them. On trhe subject of this discussion, he goes on to add: That should stand on its own, without further comment from me. Long winded, Digger adds his 2 cents, trying to give equal validity to both sides of the discussuion. Who cares what he thinks?: rolleyes: jimmyjack and jazack add topical comments. Nick characterizes the foregoing as a "ripping by the PC brigade", but asserts that he is ready for "another barrage of negative comments". He adds smileys. I've lost count of the positives vs the negatives, vs the valid questions. Anybody wanna count? MKTEF adds compliments, and a question about the performance. Good. Digger, always eager to please, finds a negative comment to make. He notes that Nick said he was ready, and adds a smiley, or two. Digger should have learned something by this point. Obviously he's a little slow on the uptake... skata, possibly following Digger's lead, makes light of the Case team, vs the JCB team. Never follow Digger's lead. bad bad bad... Nick replies to MKTEF, and acknowleges that Digger might be ok, outside of work. Thanks, Nick. I try real hard to be ok everywhere. I'm glad to know you see I'm making progress. Digger and Nick subsequently come to an understanding that for Nick, there's no understanding Digger. tone rmz rejoins the discussion, his third post on the forum, in total. Rather than answer any of the questions or concerns voiced earlier, he posts a reply that is less than gracious (in Digger's opinion only--your mileage may vary), and expresses that any posting of pictures of his group's performance here may be a waste of time. In Digger's opinion only, the individual most qualified to answer all questions on the subject, the easy ones as well as the hard ones, has chosen to avoid doing so. That's a shame, cause we really are a reasonable bunch of people, and we do usually manage to keep our exchanges civil, even cordial. Even when our opinions differ. What constitutes a greater waste of time? Posting pictures that are not met with universal, unqualified praise, or asking reasonable and valid questions, one professional to another, and having those questions largly ignored or interpreted as attacks?
The pictures are nice, a unique way to showcase a piece of equipment. I see it as about like a knife throwing demostration at the circus though. Fun to watch, but I'm not about to strap a poor young lady to a spinny wheel and throw my leatherman at her. Either way guys, lets not get our panties in a bunch over something so trivial. Just because digger has a bad opinion (couldn't resist) and Nick has a short fuse (anyone got a light) , doesn't mean we can't discuss this like adults. Post-on boys.
hmmm i like the pictures and have no beef with what you do but quote the case is far superior in every respect now how can that front bucket control be called superior ,return to dig that you cannot turn off,so when trying to clear up off of nice cut grass with the jcb i leave an tiny little line to shovel in with this no chance doing three things a once with one lever and then it goes into retun to dig and the clam cant shut as fast as the bucket curls back,the jcb has a switch on /off simple and easyrear levers far to low i have the seat right up and as far back as it will go and my hands hit my knees especialy when my foot is on the extenderdig pedal maybe its not for tall people do get me wrong its a nice machine but give me a 3cx contractor any day:notworthy
Well I think I have outstayed my welcome here at HEF!! I got flack about my Side loading of a PC450-7 in another thread and I have had grief here in the dancing digger thread, and now am accused of havng a short fuse?? I simply don't need this !! You all have great time...Goodnight:waving I'm outta here
:cool2
HAHA. I think this post has become ridiculously childish. Life isn't always the way you want it to be. You post your pictures on here, you'll get people who love them and others that question them or are blunt enough to say they just don't care about the nature of the photos (like me). WHO CARES!! Grow up and stop complaining like little freakin' kids! Blake WA
pictures coopers your correct, Just enjoy what others are willing to share. I think the pics are great and can't wait to see more.
going back to the case jcb discusion! i have a servo lever case which i find very comfortable to drive i dont no no if you have tried the servo model but the 2 pods move totally away from the drivers seat to leave plenty of room for your knees, when you spin around in your seat. also it has the extendo control on 2 buttons on the right hand joystick which is nice so you can streach out quite nicely which you cant do in the standard lever models! i must admit i have no prob with my 4 in 1 clam, i do like the fact that you can do everything on that one lever i find if you dont pull your lever over to hard to the left you can avoid the return to dig cutting in! like you say i can leave very minimal amounts of material on the ground just a very thin line! i guess it depends what machine you have bin used to!!!!!!!!! drivers tend to get attached to 1 type of machine i think! i had a play with a new volvo 180 the other day which i found to be a brilliant machine lotsa little extras on there to make the drivers job alot easier. will be keen to have 1 on demo soon!
servos we have an owner operator on the same job and he has a lb110 with servos,he does not rate them ,i also know of an jcb 4cx owner op with servos and his is going back they cant get the servos right ,as for the Volvo i sat in one at the sed and did not like it,i was sat too low and my head was nearly touching the back window(with it open ) maybe the front bucket control on the case will loosen up with use and be easier to to use , i would still rather have two levers and be able to switch return to dig off,the best front bucket controls i have used were on a 1986 MF50h it also had a good transmission but the back end was made of chocolate i will dig a picture of it out i would still take a jcb over the case
i like the pics
What they do with their machines is great and i don't understand the negative comments.I think it's hardly trained professional stuff. But maybe more input from tone rmz would have been much appreciated as he is the one doing the shows discussed here.
I'm sure I'd be enthralled to watch one of their performances too. What I don't understand is how any of the discussion in this thread can be interpreted as "negative comments." Sure, there were a couple of, "UH, ok...nice, but that's not my cup of tea" sort of comments, and several members that posed sincere questions about safety and mechanical issues. If anyone cares to point out specific and unquestionably "negative" comments, I'd be interested to see that. :beatsme
I agree digger, it's a shame that the thread went off the rails I enjoyed Nick's input and great photos and hope that we see him here again.
safety discussion maybee? I agree with both of u on the last one. Regarding Nick i think it's what's said between the lines, not only in this thread, but also on the other one regarding his loading/unloading of the exc.:IMO Then i think that this discusion is a bit deeper than so. I've worked with Brittish operators in Iraq, and i think they also got a way to go in their mind regarding safety.:yup I am then thinking of the way the operators think and act when operating equipment. I don't think that they are as safety minded as you are in the US. I also think this has to do with age. The older, the less safety focused.(and for many it is more difficult to change happits/oppinion when getting old) Then safety and the discussion around this is a little "problematic", many see it as you look down on them and say's negative things on how good they are at operating the equipment. For many this becomes touchy.:exactly I don't say this is the reason for Nick's disapereance, but it is something to think about. Especialy when discussing with "elderly" operators, with a different culture than your own. I don't say that this is especialy for UK, we got the same thing here in Norway. Many drive and do the same as they did in the 70's and 80's, with no improvements on the safety side. But many firms (and the authorothies) are working on improwing this because of all the accidents that happends. You might show up on a new job: Can u drive a mobilcrane? Yes. OK, take that one a go to xx and do the job there.(the crane is an example) The education and training can be none and close to zero in many firms. Then accidents tends to happend, because nobody has evaluated the nessecity of training and how much before u can operate on your own. Your safety meetings is rearly hold, but here the maincontractor runs a course, that everybodys got to attend, to keep his butt free if something happends. But, as u have seen, i note down (in my brain harddisc) all the comments and think on how to improve our way of doing things in my job. Instead of taking it personaly.(beeing openminded to improvements, of how thing can be done) And i mean everybody should think that way, cause its the only way to improve yourself. And u always have to remember; we are on the net, everybody can say what they mean, and that can be a pain in the *** sometimes.:naughty
I've never had the priveldge of operating anywhere outside about a 50 mile radius of where I'm sitting right now, so I can't really comment on the safety habits of any other countries or people. I can't agree with that, at least not 100%. I think as I've gotten older, I've become more safety conscious. Certainly, there are some things in which I've become set in my ways, but on the whole, I think it's a matter of having seen too many ways in which people can get hurt. When you're young, you believe you're indestructable. As you age, you learn more and more each day that you're not. I know now that some of my habits of years past, were in fact, chipping away at me a little bit at a time. These days, I try to avoid those old habits, and even moreso, try to avoid finishing my self destruction all at once. I think that change in atitude extends to how I look at others as well. I recall very specifically times in my youth when I'd look at somebody doing things in accordance with the safety standards, and think, "what a wimp!" Some maturity has beaten that mindset out of me. The cemetaries are full of tough guys.
Now we are talking here digger! It is not everybody that thinks the way u do. And have tought over it, like u seem to have done. Many grow into old habbits, and when u ask why, they feel uncomfortable. And u should also know that i am pushing a bit here, to get the discusson going.:drinkup
You know, part of it too, is that I think I'm better educated than I was as a young man. When I was learning this trade, it was simply assumed that a guy would go into a 12 foot deep trench to lay pipe, and never think twice about the fact that there was no shoring. It's simply what you did. It was no safer then than it is now, but I didn't know how unsafe it could be. Now that I know, it's a whole lot scarier to think of. I'm not trying to present myself as any sort of safety fanatic either, because I'd have to admit that I'm not. (I don't believe there's any such thing as absolute safety--from the time you crawl out from under your bed every morning, you've compromised some degree of safety. It's just a question of how much you're willing to compromise.) The difference is that now, in taking the sort of calculated risks that we take in doing anything at all, I'm much more inclined to figure in a higher quantity of risk, because now I actually know that those risks are real.
OK Blake I agree with you. Nick come on buddy lighten up. If I left the forum every time someone picked apart my post I would have been gone a long time ago. Me and Diggers argument about drain pipe - (yes I know I have not posted my drawing yet - problems with the scanner software:Banghead , but I am working on it and I have not forgotten.) Oh and don't forget the union vs nonunion discusion where me and surfer-joe locked horns. But that is what this formum is about. You can learn alot from other folks who have another/different opinion of things. Me personally I think the dancing backhoes are pretty cool - showmanship stuff. I hope to see them one day! :thumbsup But I will be honest I wouldn't ride an ATV underneath them! But that's just me.
Ide be more worried about suicide car bombs TBH. I think you guys are opening a can of worms here. UK, one of the safest country's in the world.(Excluding the recent suicide bombing attempts) I have a thousand reasons why but I think it would be in good taste not to mention them at this time. These guys are top draw operators. I mean, Just look at how they have total control over there equipment. How many people on here can say they could do this? This kind of skill will feedback through the whole system. That's for sure. I seen a guy do this at Diggerland. I was Very nervy during the show, And yeah I wouldn't ride the Quad bike under the machines either. Ross
It does fly in the face of every safe equipment opearation I have ever been taught. Never trust hydraulics to hold anything above you. It's just a standard safety rule to live by. But, to each his own, as long as others don't emulate those actions at home thinking that is how you prove that you're an equipment operator. Let common scense prevail, in the field and here on the boards.
I liken this type of entertainment, the "sport of forum dwelling", to a buffet. You may like some things, dislike others. Just take what you want and process that as you normally would, and dispose of the unwanted or rather,"unneeded". There are many varied opinions, that's what makes the world go 'round. As I age, I learned to accept the things I cannot change. therefore, if someone is being a flaming you-know-what...all I have to do is decide to not respond. that's it...simple math. I've held back (and will have to continue to do so,) a number of times already right here on HEF's from starting a non-sensible discussion based on differences of opinion. But as the old saying goes, "Opinions are like A******S, everybody's got one". I left another forum just as Nick just did a few months ago, basically over the same concept, except my reasons were legitimate. Those knotheads on that site were just plain neanderthals, and couldn't form an entire sentence unless it was sarcastic. I don't see that here, otherwise I'd be on my way a long time ago. we are here to share information, experience, and joke around a whole lot, and that's a great way to pass the time in my view. There's no need to over-analyze anybody's threads, it's what they said, and if they didn't mean it, then that's what the " EDIT " button is for... I'm sorry I butted in on your thread gentlemen, just wanted to add another perspective. Tell me to shut up, and I'll "respond" respectively.:drinkup
sure would make it easier to zerk here, just roll that thing over so i dont have to crawl around with this here grease gun.
So running the backhow almost on its side like that doesnt cause any problems with the engine getting oil, or the pump getting hydraulic oil?
All I can say is... WOW!!! Must admit the thread went to bits though. As to the tricks, if I ever had to be in any position even remotely close to halfway like those shown in the pictures, I'd definitely be having a pair of pants that needs burning. I'll be showing my boss these pics as soon as I can cos I'm sure this will make pretty good conversation around the company barbeque fires. To the guys and ladies operating those machines, You lot are goooood! Keep it up but stay safe. :cool2
Wow and timely I just put my machine on it side last night.......should have read this earler..
That's not good, what happened? Blake WA
He saw the pictures, but ignored the "don't try this at home" warning.
:Banghead
dancing diggers i love the pics. nice to know what can be done with these machines. BUT some of the so called "normal stuff" you pros do makes this old man nervous