Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case drain line

Welder Dave ยท 2020-03-03 19:42

I see at the RB auction new vibratory rollers are selling for $1400-$1500. They aren't name brand but are way less expensive too. I'd be interested at that price but they have a case drain line. Can a case drain just be routed back to the reservoir without much fuss?

Replies1
  1. #156wrench2020-03-03 20:37

    as long as it does not go into a return line. years back i could not figure out why we were blowing seals on a McMillen auger when it ran for years on the old jd 500. turns out that the dealer just tee'd into a handy spot on a steel return line on the new 410d. I removed the drain hose and found a spot to just drop the drain oil directly into the top of the diff housing. any kind of seal or case drain will not work properly if there is any backpressure