Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case extendahoe long bucket hose crimp fitting

caver ยท 2020-08-30 23:00

The long hoses for the bucket circuit on an extendahoe have a crimp sleeve fitting part way on the hose where it is clamped to the dipper frame. See picture below. Does this have a name and do local hose shops have them in your experience? If this is a replaced hose they got the crimp about 3" off and I had wrapped some rubber tape around it. It failed close to where I had it clamped on the improvised sleeve. I can drive by a local farm store that's made hoses before but if they don't have the crimp I want to know what to ask for if I call around.

Replies9
  1. #1JL Sargent2020-08-30 23:11

    It kinda looks like a union connecting two hoses? Never seen that before, but the hoses on each side of that crimped piece look different to me.

  2. #2caver2020-08-30 23:39

    No it's just a sleeve. It even has a hint of factory paint on it. Here's the other side that's OK when i was trying to get a proper measurement since it's sleeve is in the correct position.

  3. #3580bob2020-08-31 01:09

    we use a piece of electrical conduit and barely crimp it you can move factory ones with an open end wrench nobody makes those sleeves

  4. #4melben2020-08-31 07:35

    We always stocked those sleeves at our dealership, Gates lists them and I am sure Imperial Eastman also, pressing them just enough so they can be moved with some effort is good.

  5. #5caver2020-08-31 19:32

    The mom and pop store guy had no idea what it was and he claims he does many of the hoses within a 50 mile radius. He mentioned NAPA. The young guy at NAPA found one in a paper catalogue. The number he gave me doesn't come up in Napa or Gates catalogues. I did take a picture of their old catalogue picture. The store 30 mile away shows 1 in stock according to him but he was not aware on how to put it on a hose. I suggested maybe you install it like fitting collars and install it first then the hose ends. Gates??? calls it a Clamp Collar

  6. #6melben2020-09-01 20:33

    just put it on the hose, put the ends on , then locate it to the same as the original one and crimp it, not rocket science!

  7. #7Swetz2020-09-02 08:28

    The link below is to a place I often buy my fittings and hose. They have them in stock if you want to order them and have your guy squeeze them in place. https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/crimp-collar-only-shell.html

  8. #8Coy Lancaster2020-09-02 13:16

    You got to remember Case uses 5/8" hose on most of their backhoes. And most hose making places use 3/4" as a replacement. I have found that it's just as cheap to buy the factory hoses that use the "P" clamp crimp fitting.

  9. #9caver2020-09-02 13:43

    Thanks for all the responses. I think I bought my hoses for my tractors grapple to remotes from Discount Hydraulics. They were much cheaper than the farm store. Yesterday I went to a shop about 30 miles away and they said they would cut the sleeve lengthwise and slid it onto the new hose. Lesson learned always ask what's it going to cost. Before it was all said and done I probably paid $10-20 more than factory supplied from Case hoses. Of their 4-5 google reviews they all said great service which i did get great service but it was so rushed I think they assume you are in a pinch and will pay anything for a hose to keep a job going. My backhoe is what I call a hobby backhoe. Some guys reach midlife and buy a Harley...I bought a backhoe. One google review said prices were crazy high. yep that review was accurate and I will never go back there again.