Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Fuel Filters KSS can answer?

JS300 ยท 2015-07-28 18:35

Couple filter questions for 2007 Case 450 (maybe KSS can answer). 1. The main fuel filter is different than the one that came off. Should I use the smaller of the two o-rings that came with filter on the threaded part of the housing? 2. Does the arrow on the inline filter point towards the tank or towards the pump? I'm pretty sure it goes towards the tank but not positive. I tried to look when I removed it but fuel was going everywhere and now I'm not sure. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1JS3002015-07-28 20:39

    After calming down and looking at things (been one of those days). I'm pretty sure the inline filter flows to the fuel pump and the injection pump. Now I have the flow arrow towards the pump. On a side note I spent 4 hours cleaning the belly pan, I hope the newer machines are easier to clean. Mainly leaves and twigs, I was scared it might catch fire so I spent extra time. Now to get the A/C problem figured out. Seems to have a restriction somewhere.

  2. #2GaryHoff2015-07-29 00:06

    You have the filter going in the correct direction, the arrow points in the direction of fuel flow (towards the injection pump)