Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HOT Hydraulics on Bobcat S650

Jmac03 · 2015-07-29 07:47

I have a Bobcat S650 with 1015 hrs, very nice machine. The last couple of days here have been very hot, in the 90s I was using a rock rake and after a few hours of use, I went to take off the rake and undo the auxiliary hoses. The connections were extremely HOT!! almost too hot to touch. Yesterady I was spreading mulch for a couple of hours and when I was the buckets cylinders were very hot. My question is - Is this normal or is something wrong with the hydraulic system? I use standard ISO 46 Hydraulic oil in the machine. Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!

Replies5
  1. #1Todd v.2015-07-29 11:09

    Probably normal, I bought the good instruments and watch my temps closely, when they get above 185º I bang the dirt out of the furnace filter that I put ontop of the radiators (20x20 fits perfect). It reall cuts down on having to clean them out thoroughly. But yes 180/190º is hot to touch but in the okay range. For comparison it's roughly the temp your engine runs.

  2. #2Jmac032015-07-29 12:27

    Thanks

  3. #3DDoug2015-07-29 15:21

    Get one of those Harbor Freight temp guns, report back here with some numbers.

  4. #4pahand2015-08-05 06:38

    As the temperature increases triggered fault lamp lights up and the code. You can work until the work indicator.

  5. #5Nige2015-08-05 07:04

    Also you have an option to go to an ISO 68 hydraulic oil. I'd agree with taking some temperatures using a gun before proceding further though.