Hi I got a few quarts of CASE IronGard: Power Tan and Brown paint and am starting in on painting parts of my machine. First go was to brush it on over RustOleum ‘Rusty Metal Primer’ , this went pretty well but there were little bubbles in the paint that wouldn’t lay down. Next try I used a 3” foam roller and still the bubbles. I was wondering about using a thinner naphtha or acetone. I don’t want to go back to the dealer and get their thinner or use hardener and spray. It doesn’t look bad but was wondering if others had some suggestions for applying this paint without spraying. Thanks
Hey birdseye, I am by no means an authority on painting, but usually when I get those little bubbles it is caused by painting when it is too cold, or contamination on the metal. Did you try a second coat, and does it cover the second time? I am sure others will chime in that are painting experts.
Don't thin the entire gallon all at once in case something goes wrong.
Pick up some velour or flock foam mini rollers at sherwin williams. They're like foam rollers but with a soft fuzz on them. Naptha will probably be ok to thin. Acetone may dry too fast.