Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case SR220 skid steer open cab needs fabricated or used enclosure recommendations

SR220noob ยท 2024-04-29 18:58

I have a new (to me) 2011 SR220 with an open cab and I need to do a lot of heavy brush/tree mowing. Going to try out some brush cutters with the open front deck, so they require good protection. Best deal I saw online for something new was about $1200 for a front polycarbonate door with all the frame hardware and no side windows. $400 more for the side windows. I need to spend money on attachments, not this. I'm thinking of just purchasing a polycarbonate sheet and cutting it to roughly the size of the stock door and attaching hinges. Might only cost me $200 that way. I'll put some hardware cloth and/or thicker wire mesh for support on the sides, it gets hot here in Texas, don't need a greenhouse. Is this adviseable? I tried to find some used parts online to put in a proper door but I am frustrated trying to find something. I feel like ordering some parts directly from Case might be cheaper than these kits they're selling if I only knew what to order. Or if I could locate a junkyard, and I have tried. Any advice or maybe point me to some older relevant threads that I couldn't find... appreciate it.

Replies3
  1. #1bad Tom2024-04-29 20:19

    My neighbor bought a half sheet, cut it to size and got some magnets and handles. Easy to snap it into place. Didn't cost a lot of money. He just wanted to keep a little warmer feeding cows last winter.

  2. #2SR220noob2024-04-29 23:37

    Magnets. That's genius.

  3. #3SR220noob2024-04-29 23:39

    I'm so sick of thinking about this I was about to just buy the proper kit for $1200 but I can't find that website anymore. I'm not paying $1800, that seems unreasonable. Guess I'm gonna have to do this up ghetto style. '