Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case STX325

southernman13 · 2021-06-27 16:09

We’ve switched gears. Now looking at one of these. I believe it’s an 04. Has a great 11,000 hrs. Man has owned it about 5 years. Big farming operation that used to pull cross cut harrow. Has super singleton it. Everything works as it should. Looks very good no leaks. Not beat up. We want to pull 14 yard pan. Has 4 remotes. Only thing that doesn’t work is one set of remotes. He didn’t need 4 sets and never looked into repairing it. Wasn’t for sale we kinda found it. Are these generally good tractors. Is 11k hrs super high or with proper care and maintenance will they go more. Has been kept Uber a shed to. Ice cold AC. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1southernman132021-06-28 18:31

    Ok I see no one gives a **** lol. I did find out this case we’re looking at doesn’t have a pto or 3 point lift. Never heard of such an animal. For us it doesn’t much matter we’re using it for a pan and maybe a harrow but I hear it reduces the value of the tractor a lot.

  2. #2hvy 1ton2021-06-28 19:10

    There are a lot of 4WD tractors out there without either pto or 3ph and quite a few without both. They are expensive options if all you need is a tillage tractor. Cummins QSL and 16 speed full powershift. 11,000 hours is 11,000 hours, could blow up tomorrow or it could do another 10K. 325 is the highest power QSL Steiger. They jumped up to the ISX at 375.

  3. #3southernman132021-06-28 19:16

    Tenfo thanks. Yeah I know it’s a risk at those hours. I guess any used piece is a risk and a lot depends on how it was cared for. Just wondering as a general rule are these good tractors. Thanks again. Of course if it has 11k hrs it must have been good lol

  4. #4hvy 1ton2021-06-28 19:19

    Only problem I can really remember with these tractors was something weird going wrong with the powershift controller and getting stuck in either the bottom or top 8 gears.

  5. #5southernman132021-06-28 19:22

    Tenfo. It looks really good and operates good except for 1 remote. The farm operation they have is choice. First class operation. But it’s all a gamble. Thanks again!

  6. #6southernman132021-07-02 18:24

    How about the 8.9l Cummins on these units. I don’t know or haven’t heard anything about this series engine. We’re they decent motors. Thanks